Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
The Chicago show (10/10/08) - my experience meeting Stereolab
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: The Chicago show (10/10/08) - my experience meeting Stereolab

nevermind. I'll convince my dad to go buy one for me tonight in denver . what else should I get? any posters? for the waLL

Oct 14, 2008, 15:13

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

OR my sister.

Oct 14, 2008, 15:14

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

man, if you couldn't detect the sarcasm in that i don't think anyone can help you...

Oct 14, 2008, 15:56

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

mirtchevman wrote:
man, if you couldn't detect the sarcasm in that i don't think anyone can help you...

Perhaps you're the one who can't be helped. ;-)

Oct 14, 2008, 16:10

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

more details - Tim is Captain Easychord & misc

Tim mentioned after the show that he is "Captain Easychord"... it was a nickname from another band member (I think Andy), I guess because he supposedly plays easy chords?

Laetitia must have brought a lot of different clothes... she was wearing a shear black dress during Monade and a lighter colored dress for Stereolab; haven't seen them in the other tour pics I've seen around.

The drummer for Monade was really good I thought. Very tight, perfect drumming (I don't usually notice this sort of thing). I wonder if the drummer and other guy are the same as on the album? The Monade drummer (and I think one or 2 others) came out to help Le Loup on their last song.

When Laetitia introduced Etoile, she said it's the one about the mental institution, and also said she sometimes feels the whole world is one/crazy.

Oct 14, 2008, 16:33

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

apologies my dearest Labhead.

murilix wrote:
The funny thing is that Laetitia clearly talks (with Tim beside her) about "day and night time" on the Pitchfork interview just posted and that happened while they were in New York, one before Chicago... So most likely Tim simply doesn't think that way. IMO this is something that adds to the greatness of the groop. Tim's a master and Laetitia is a monster, that's a perfect combination.

Can't wait to see them in San Francisco next week.

Yeah i just watched the clip and she clearly says Nighttime, like Nocturnal (apologies my dearest labhead) In any statement i had read she said day to night. Perhaps it was the use of the word session? maybe like ppl think they were recorded at night? Tim kinda makes a face when laetitia starts talking about the night record. as he reaches behind him and (accidentally) sneaks into her frame. perhaps he's in deep denial about things.

Did laetitia say she did some of the mixing on the new one?

I think starting with Cobra as a first record is misleading. When it came out i wasnt a huge Lab fan, i liked D+L and Refried, emperor and such but i hadnt lived in montreal at that point where i truely fell in love with the lab.

I remember all my lab friends talking about cobra and saying "its horrible its claustifphobic and endless" i remember one saying specifically "its like a train trip into hell" and that tainted my vision of the record. All these poppy mods just got their noses turned up by this kind of jammy/proggy record. I didnt like it off the bat because of them. Now its one of my favourites.

Oct 14, 2008, 21:57

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: apologies my dearest Labhead.

No need to apologize (not sure why you did, but ok). :)
I told him that us forum folks have been referring to them as the nighttime sessions, as we consider CC to be the daytime sessions... I guess I could have said something about the interview to him if I was better at remembering that sort of thing.

Another detail I forgot to mention... I asked Tim if he ever reads this forum, and he said no, that he has a hard time keeping up, but that maybe the others might read it. I told him I do, too; I spend too much time at work on here. ;)

Oct 14, 2008, 22:19

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

That's interesting. I wonder if any of them do read it. I think not. I can't imagine reading this stuff for long periods of time without wanting to chip in and say something. But I guess with a band like this, they'd have too many people fawning and drooling over their every word. (I'm not excluding myself heh).

Oct 15, 2008, 06:01

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

murilix wrote:

Can't wait to see them in San Francisco next week.
Me too!

Oct 15, 2008, 06:13

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
That's interesting. I wonder if any of them do read it. I think not.

I don't know if anyone reads it now, but on the old green forum, long ago, some band members read the forum and posted rarely. I don't recall who, I think Simon and Mary. Anyone remmeber better than me?

Oct 15, 2008, 14:09

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index