Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Politics Free For A Month?
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: health care

cybele wrote:
If you agree that there are some shitty teachers out there, then let's talk about some shitty schools. They're in areas of shitty parents. We must agree that both must go.

Isn't the logical choice school choice? You care about the school your kid goes to, so you choose to opt to send your child to a better one? This would theoretically cause the schools to compete and the funding to flow accordingly, yes?

Then what to do with the parents that aren't there. . .Let's not hear blame that tends to be politically orientated.

Cybele

i agree that parents should be able to chose what school to go to, but i also believe that each school should get equal funding.

Jun 18, 2009, 05:35

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Re: don't be frightened

That's the problem now. My healthcare is through my employer. It's not United Healthcare and I don't really have a choice in the matter. If we moved away from employer-based healthcare and everyone bought their own, the rates would be competitive and affordable enough -- and I could choose.

Cybele

Jun 18, 2009, 15:42

cybele
cybele
736 posts

I think just about everyone agrees on this, so I wonder what the hell the issue is here? I'll take a stab. . .

Might it be that: there is only a certain amount of money available--so why fund an inner-city school made predominantly of kids whose parents don't give a fuck vs. funding a suburban school whose parents do? No amount of funding or special programs is going to help parentless children just as no amount of gun control is going to prevent the children from shooting eachother.

Yeah, I know it sounds harsh but it's pretty much reality. In the inner-city, most children are meal tickets.

Of course there are exceptions--but not enough.

Cybele

Jun 18, 2009, 15:50

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

Re: i agree with Maher

okay.

Jun 18, 2009, 18:21

cybele
cybele
736 posts

I'm probably never going to reproduce. I don't have the money for it. It's becoming a rarity to say that it would be irresponsible for me to depend on the government (you all) to feed/house/provide healthcare for me and my children.

Cybele

Jun 18, 2009, 18:28

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

cybele wrote:
I think just about everyone agrees on this, so I wonder what the hell the issue is here? I'll take a stab. . .

Might it be that: there is only a certain amount of money available--so why fund an inner-city school made predominantly of kids whose parents don't give a fuck vs. funding a suburban school whose parents do? No amount of funding or special programs is going to help parentless children just as no amount of gun control is going to prevent the children from shooting eachother.

Yeah, I know it sounds harsh but it's pretty much reality. In the inner-city, most children are meal tickets.

Cybele

I'm sorry, but this is a dickhead post from someone who hasn't climbed very far up the logic tree. I know it sounds harsh, but it's pretty much reality.

Jun 18, 2009, 19:42

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

cybele wrote:

Cybele

sorry, but i agree with wracket on this cybele. So basically you're saying that if kids have fucked up parents they don't deserve any chances to be successful. The objective of schools is to provide safety and opportunity, especially to those that have nothing. It really is their only hope. To say that we should just give that money to suburban schools is really not logical at all.

Jun 18, 2009, 21:20

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Thanks Wracket. Go fuck your mother.

Sincerely,
Cybele

Jun 18, 2009, 23:19

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Where did I say that kids that have parents that don't give a shit don't DESERVE less funding? Where did I say that? I said what the reality is. They don't get funded because there is no push to fund it. I didn't say it was right!

Jesus guys! Please actually read the fucking post and don't over-interpret. In areas where you have parents involved in their children's education, you have more of a push for funding of said education. In areas where you have no parents that don't give a shit about their children, you don't have a push for funding of said education.

I didn't say this was right. Actually, I think it's horrible, but the reality is that no amount of funding will help a kid stuck in this situation.

Cybele

Jun 18, 2009, 23:22

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Fucking retarded simpletons that have zero interpretation skills. . .talk about illogic. Throw your agenda aside for a minute and open your fucking eyes when you read Wracket.

c

Jun 18, 2009, 23:33

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index