Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Politics Free For A Month?
100 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: distractions, distractions & Huxley vs Orwell

Mars Rover wrote:
parents get their kids addicted to gizmos and gadgets and then they can't pay attention in school or work hard after, teachers get all the blame, but nobody's stopping kids from studying and becoming good time managers at home. The day starts and ends at home.

I've been thinking about this lately (I have a young teenage boy). I think there are so many distractions that it's harder for kids to feel motivated towards working for things and discovering/inventing/imagination, etc etc etc.

IN MY DAY, we didn't have these Innerwebs! We had to walk next door to talk to our friends, and that's the way we liked it! IN MY DAY, we didn't have this DIGITIMAL Tee-Vee... we had rabbit ears with 4 stations that we could tune in, and that's the way we liked it! If you wanted to see a movie in Letterbox, you had to get a Laserdisc!

I'm worried that 2 theories are colliding... I can see both of these things happening together now:

Jun 17, 2009, 05:32

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: