Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Politics Free For A Month?
100 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Re: health care

I cannot describe how incredibly tiring and irritating it is to have the balls to state an obvious reality--then have it countered by that all-too convenient auto-response: that when I state said obvious reality, I was implying that it was meant to be.

Of course, the reality is that inner-city kids get the shit-end of funding because their parents aren't there (or willing) to participate and demand the funding. Meanwhile parents that are there and do participate want what's best for their kids and demand the funding. The funding is limited--and it must be limited.

And yes, there is a total gun ban in Chicago and it does NOTHING to stop these kids from shooting each other. This is the reality. No, I DON'T like this reality either.

And yes, many of these kids are meal tickets. That is the reality. No, I don't like this reality either.

How do we solve these issues?

I've got it!! Let's accuse the other of being illogical, drinking their political Kool-aid, and being thoughtless. That way we can feel personally superior and feel as if our views are on a higher plane. Let's be afraid to call the reality for what it is.

This method gets things done!

Cybele

Jun 18, 2009, 23:46

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: