Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Politics Free For A Month?
100 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

wracket
wracket
1426 posts

Re: health care

That's right, blame it on political correctness. Anyone who has ever read anything I've written knows that hardly applies to me. Nor do I have a political agenda or slant.

What I do have is a distaste for semi-intelligent people, such as yourself, who open their proverbial mouth as wide as they can and just let hate and ignorance spill out, all because the world is such a frustrating place. Listen bub, it's frustrating for all of us. No one likes senseless violence, children being neglected, bureaucratic quagmires that get nothing done or any combination thereof. But to suggest that there's no point in spending a lot of money to educate inner city youth is among the most sour, short-sighted and, yes, highly illogical things I've ever heard suggested about this issue.

What exactly do you think the result would be if we did even less than we do now to give inner city kids a chance to use education as a springboard to a better life? Of course you don't reduce the funding--you're smart enough to know that. You find ways of making it more effective (which is easier said than done), you don't just keep lowering the bar until everyone graduates no matter how little they have actually learned or matured as human beings and then expect them to be able to survive in the world that frustrates you so, Cybele, you do any number of things...but you don't give up on them because you think they're lost fucking causes. How incredibly short-sided must you be to not see what that leads to for the society as a whole?

Breathe a little, man. As I said, you're smarter than this.

Jun 19, 2009, 00:31

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: