Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Politics Free For A Month?
100 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Re: health care

wracket wrote:
. . .But to suggest that there's no point in spending a lot of money to educate inner city youth is among the most sour, short-sighted and, yes, highly illogical things I've ever heard suggested about this issue. . .

I said that it really doesn't matter how much money you throw at the schools if parents don't care about their children. I didn't suggest to YANK or decrease funding. I just think that
throwing tons of money at it isn't an answer.

Hell, even throwing more money at it isn't the answer. It's completely unfair to people that are responsible - people that work, pay their taxes, and actually participate in the futures of their children. Also, there is only a limited amount of funding to go 'round.

It would sound as though the above comment came from someone that was raised in a gated community or something, but it couldn't be farther than the truth. My mother was a single mother that sold clothes and things got a little dicey--but realize that she would rather starve than depend on the government to feed her in this country. It's called personal responsibility.

Cybele

Jun 19, 2009, 01:24

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: