Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Politics Free For A Month?
100 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Re: health care

Eh, well I don't really mean inner-city per se. In cities like Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, etc. there are huge, sprawling areas of high crime, unemployment, and general welfare. Believe me when I tell you, there will be no gentrification to those areas for many years.

Most of the gentrification that has occurred in Chicago (and I'm not disputing that a lot has occurred) is located very close to the business district. Old Town was dicey 20 years ago, Wicker Park, Printer's Row, River West, West Loop -- all of these neighborhoods are very close to the Loop.

I'm talking about Austin, Kenwood, Cottage Grove. These places are downright dangerous to be a live in. They're farther out. Also, a lot of Suburbs have now turned into shit. I know because I used to live in one that flipped Section-8.

Cybele

Jun 21, 2009, 19:01

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: