Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Politics Free For A Month?
100 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Deadly Neighborhoods

Like I said, it isn't necessarily the inner-city, it's the city collar neighborhoods.

http://www.chicagopublicradio.org/Content.aspx?audioID=35048

Chicago Public Radio - News In Brief

South Side Neighborhoods Among Most Dangerous in the Country

Englewood residents say they're not surprised by a new study that finds four of the most dangerous neighborhoods in the entire country are on Chicago's South Side.

The study was done by a company that sells data to people buying real estate. They used crime numbers from the FBI. They found one of the most neighborhoods in the country is around 66th and Yale, just a couple blocks west of the Dan Ryan.

WILLIAMS: I've been hit in my temples, I've been put in a coma over here, I've been robbed.

Mary Williams has spent 41 years in the area and raised her four children here but they've fled the city.

WILLIAMS: My daughter, she haven't been here in 18 years. Moved to Arkansas. I'm about ready to head up and leave too.

But Williams says she probably won't do that because her mother and grandmother still live in Englewood, and she needs to care for them.

Jun 24, 2009, 20:10

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: