Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
pitchfork tv talks to tim and laetitia pt 1
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts
Oct 13, 2008, 22:39

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: pitchfork tv talks to tim and laetitia pt 1

Very interesting that Tim thinks Refried Ectoplasm is the best place to start for new fans. It's a pretty good choice I would say.

Oct 13, 2008, 22:55

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

laetitia and tim cannot tolerate each other. look his face when she is talking about cc. and the catalogue choise question.... hahahaha

Oct 14, 2008, 03:37

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5928 posts

If they couldn't "tolerate each other" they wouldn't still make music together.

Oct 14, 2008, 03:51

AZRay17
AZRay17
21 posts

palinuro wrote:
laetitia and tim cannot tolerate each other. look his face when she is talking about cc. and the catalogue choise question.... hahahaha

I kinda have to agree there. In the two shows I've been to on this tour, I saw no interaction between the two whatsoever. They don't really agree with each other much during this interview, and if you've seen the "Serene Velocity" interview that iTunes US has up, she takes delight in telling Tim that he hasn't a clue when it comes to picking a winning track, i.e. French Disko. He loated the song, and she loves it, and the fans love it. She said, "That should tell you something Tim." Something to that effect.

As an outsider I can't be sure, but from what I've seen, I'd have to say no, I don't think they like each other much anymore. Thankfully they've kept the band going though.

Oct 14, 2008, 04:09

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

It's been forever and a day ago, but I've actually had the experience of being in a band with an ex significant other...it's REALLY hard to do. Near impossible. Kudos to them!

Oct 14, 2008, 04:33

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Cobra? That's kind of a bold recommendation from her, because this album singlehandedly has the worst reputation of all Lab albums among the fans and critics. Whether or not you agree with such popular opinion, depends on your taste. If she would have said something like "Dots and Loops", it wouldn't have surprised me in the slightest.

Interesting dilemma about Tim & Laetitia: it often happens in the area of romance that two people that at first love each other may grow apart from each other and then discover that they don't love each other, but they may not like each other at all! Still, is it really that safe to say that T&L have ceased to be friends, or be on friendly terms? It's not like disagreements have to mean that you hate someone. Yes, I agree that it makes marriages or long term commitment based relationships sour as fuck, but can't friends disagree on friendly terms?

Oct 14, 2008, 08:14

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

COBRA has the worst reputation among fans and critics?!
Since when? It is probably my personal favourite but that's not the point: I vividly remember many positive reviews when it came out and also it was one of the most voted albums by fans in the old KOLY web site!
I know that not all of us like it a lot and I also remember Tim Gane saying that it was too long and the sound in places too "murky" (or something like that), but other than that it is generally well appreciated...

Oct 14, 2008, 11:01

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

My impression is that Cobra has been rediscovered in recent years. For every early 'lab fan it lost them at the time, it's gained them new ones since.

And yes, it's their greatest LP IMHO :)

Oct 14, 2008, 11:23

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Mind you, I reckon Laetitia was being typically mischievous in picking it in that interview.

Oct 14, 2008, 11:25

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index