Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
pitchfork tv talks to tim and laetitia pt 1
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: what's best/worst?

i second that!

Oct 14, 2008, 18:09

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: pitchfork tv talks to tim and laetitia pt 1

Yeah, great!

Oct 14, 2008, 18:30

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

cobra and phases is my favorite album :)
i read an interview in spanish where laetitia said that the band sometimes make opposition to tim, but in general the band respond to tim's desire...

i think lae and tim don't tolerate each other much any more. but the love for the music make stereolab kept together.

Oct 14, 2008, 21:07

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

jeff w wrote:
My impression is that Cobra has been rediscovered in recent years. For every early 'lab fan it lost them at the time, it's gained them new ones since.

And yes, it's their greatest LP IMHO :)

*reposted from other thread*
I remember all my lab friends talking about cobra and saying "its horrible its claustifphobic and endless" i remember one saying specifically "its like a train trip into hell" and that tainted my vision of the record. All these poppy mods just got their noses turned up by this kind of jammy/proggy record. I didnt like it off the bat because of them. Now its one of my favourites.

Oct 14, 2008, 22:36

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Cobra is the best start for newbies

Because its a crap album, and all their other work could be seen as (and is) a vast improvement after first hearing Cobra.

Oct 15, 2008, 01:56

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: Cobra is the best start for newbies

Cheeso wrote:
Because its a crap album, and all their other work could be seen as (and is) a vast improvement after first hearing Cobra.

oh humble bi-ped you've come undone.

Oct 15, 2008, 02:43

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5939 posts

Cheeso is full of limberger cheese.

I think I remember reading that Laetitia just rediscovered Cobra recently and decided she really liked it, probably why she chose that one.

Even though I think that a lot of tension they have in interviews stems from an ongoing shyness in front of cameras and with interviews, I could see a number of disagreements. That doesn't mean when they get in the studio that they can't work together.

Oct 15, 2008, 04:12

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Cheeso is full of limberger cheese.

I think I remember reading that Laetitia just rediscovered Cobra recently and decided she really liked it, probably why she chose that one.

Even though I think that a lot of tension they have in interviews stems from an ongoing shyness in front of cameras and with interviews, I could see a number of disagreements. That doesn't mean when they get in the studio that they can't work together.

I think they can, but it will be much more stressful than between musicians who are on the same mental level. I've discovered that a fair bit of compatibility - both intellectually and emotionally - is what makes it easier to work with some musicians than others. I guess T&L are really very different from each other, that's why their marriage (I assume they got married but then I can't be totally sure) failed.

Oct 15, 2008, 08:27

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Re: Cobra is the best start for newbies

Cheeso wrote:

What's the matter with Cheeso?
Has he got (crappy) cheese in his ears?!

Oct 15, 2008, 12:05

threedimensions
14 posts

"theres 31 songs which are split into two halves roughly yeah"...and then what is that look Tim gets? Oh dear!

Tim looks like he needs to catch up on about a weeks sleep. The interviewer is I think the only one smiling..and perhaps a bit too much.

Oct 15, 2008, 13:41

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index