Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
pitchfork tv talks to tim and laetitia pt 1
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: pitchfork tv talks to tim and laetitia pt 1

i get the sense that laetitia is airing out a lot of her frustrations in this interview, about how little input she actually has in the band. if she felt left out before, she probably feels even more left out now: tim creates all the music in germany and then sends it all to her in a 'wheelbarrow'. then she garnishes the songs with her lyrics and that's the extent to which she contributes. she's not doing a whole lot more than that from the sounds of it. it sounds like this creative process has bothered her for a long time but now she's finally talking about it...

Oct 15, 2008, 15:48

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

You could be right, but on the other hand, people might be reading into it more than is there. I think they are living their own lives separately, and that's by choice. They would have to be together 8 months at a time if they were to do the process together, so I doubt if Laetitia is complaining about that. In fact she sounds happy to keep it going.

Oct 15, 2008, 17:00

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: Cobra is the best start for newbies

velvetwater wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Because its a crap album, and all their other work could be seen as (and is) a vast improvement after first hearing Cobra.

What's the matter with Cheeso?
Has he got (crappy) cheese in his ears?!

I'm the only one honest enough to call a turd, a turd. Cobra is brown for a reason...

And I don't care what critics think, but the NME was right. Zero point zero.

Oct 15, 2008, 17:10

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Clearly, they hate each other. What if Tim has suddenly turned into a conservative? Oooooooooh. . .

Cybele likes limburger cheeses

Oct 15, 2008, 19:20

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
You could be right, but on the other hand, people might be reading into it more than is there.

probably. they were probably just jet-lagged... or bus-lagged... or tour-lagged...

just plain lagged...

Oct 15, 2008, 19:25

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

Labhead got the chance to talk to Tim after the show and told him Obama was definitely going to win and was glad about it. So sorry Cybele but I think you are the only "conservative" here voting for McCain. Or are you one of those "undecided" voters? Those are the re-tards who shouldn't vote.

Oct 15, 2008, 19:58

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index