Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
pitchfork tv talks to tim and laetitia pt 1
36 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Re: pitchfork tv talks to tim and laetitia pt 1

velvetwater wrote:
Since when NME's review are relevant? It is probably the worse music magazine ever made! Don't you see what kind of language they use? It is toilet paper for sad teenage punks!
And what about Pitchfork?!
Try to look for better examples like Mojo, Uncut, The Wire...they were all very positive about this album.
And I remind you again about the ULTRA-HIGH FREQUENCY web site. As voted by real fans, COBRA was in the top 3!
Now, it is ok to differ in taste, but let's try not to impose pur personal opinion to others or make one's view the universal truth! Personally, it is possibly their best lp along with SOUND DUST. At worst we can say that COBRA is an album that divides opinions, certainly not that it is Stereolab's worst...com on!

First, I think it has been very well established how influential Pitchfork can be in terms of impression management. One word: Travistan. Try looking that up yourself to see what I'm talking about. A good example how a completely negative review can skew the public's perception.

Second, I've never seen a single Stereolab album attract so much insistently hostile attitude as Cobra. It's more likely to find Stereolab fans who rant "Cobra=crap" than it is to find those who say "ETK=crap". Just ask Cheeso!

Third, when I say "worst", I reflect on not my own judgment (which is in actuality more favorable than anything else) but I refer to reputation instead. Cobra is a controversial album. It's a very risque starting point. Unless you're already kind of predisposed to like it. If you're not, you'll hate it.

Oct 14, 2008, 13:35

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: