Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
pitchfork tv talks to tim and laetitia pt 2
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

pitchfork tv talks to tim and laetitia pt 2

http://pitchfork.tv/interview/stereolab-part-2-of-2

Oct 14, 2008, 18:19

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: pitchfork tv talks to tim and laetitia pt 2

Pretty uninspired questions, really. I am far more interested in the Tim/Lae 'relationship'. Was Lae having a dig at Tim about who has the control in Stereolab? I must say that I respect them both for carrying on with the groop. I have always really disliked my ex girlfriends. I could never work with one. God, what a thought!!

Oct 14, 2008, 19:29

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Breakups.

GaryB wrote:
Pretty uninspired questions, really. I am far more interested in the Tim/Lae 'relationship'. Was Lae having a dig at Tim about who has the control in Stereolab? I must say that I respect them both for carrying on with the groop. I have always really disliked my ex girlfriends. I could never work with one. God, what a thought!!

I watch my staff and they all try to mend their relationships with their ex's to end on good terms. To move on as if they are the bigger person. I always wonder why. When my relationships have been over they are OVER. I'm not interested in carrying on. I probably wouldnt say hi to one in a market if i saw them. They served their purpose and i moved on. And so have they (hopefully). all of my relationships have ended very rapidly and i have never been in contact with that person again. Mind you i have always picked mates outside of my social circle.

I think Tim has always treated Laetitia like an instrument. Cept this instrument writes her own notes and plays herself. there is a certain comfort in a formula that works, right?

Oct 14, 2008, 22:25

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2134 posts

GaryB wrote:
Pretty uninspired questions, really.

It's Pitchfork, what do you expect?!

8 )

Oct 14, 2008, 22:30

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Touche. But how often have they been asked about the 'recording process'? Argh!!

Oct 14, 2008, 23:06

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

"Aren't you guys, like, a bunch of Marxists or something?"

Oct 14, 2008, 23:09

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

no shit! I want to know what they're both listening to now. I do like when they comment on specific albums and tracks though. Laetitia was definitely very bold with the Cobra thing.

Oct 15, 2008, 00:43

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

Why is it so bold? She can say whatever she wants. In many ways Cobra encapsulates their many varied sounds quite well, even if the whole thing is cumbersome.

Oct 15, 2008, 00:48

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

I liked what she said at the end, and I don't think it was a dig at Tim about him controlling things, she was just being matter of fact. As long as the songs keep coming to her, she's happy to contribute and keep Stereolab going. I think this is a great message to us fans, that they may continue for quite a while yet.

Oct 15, 2008, 04:12