Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
The Cure and New Order thread
10 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: The Cure and New Order thread

You know I have never been a big Cure fan. They seemed to pass me by at school. In recent years though I picked up the Greatest Hits and was amazed at how New Order-y some of the songs are, esp the Hook bass sounds. I got the Join The Dots box-set a couple of Christmas's ago and liked it, but have never felt compelled to really seek out the earlier stuff. I always consider buying their LPs in my local 'record n tape exchange' but always seem to find something else that I need first. I will try harder!

Regarding the remastered NO cds (and CD reissues generally)....since upgrading my CD player, amp, speakers and cables earlier this year I have really enjoyed listening to CDs! CDs had no real value to me prior to my upgrading, other than to 'rip'. Now its like rediscovering my collection. There a quite a few of the bonus tracks on the NO cds that I only have on vinyl so its worth it for me to buy them.

Oct 14, 2008, 19:48