Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Legal Buds
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lique
lique
517 posts

Re: Legal Buds

Yeah, there's no way to please everyone. I smoke pot, as much as I can. Had a daily habit, and now I can't afford it. Did I go through withdrawals like a coke-head or heroin user? Nope. So why is it classified as a type 1 substance next to those dangerous drugs. It's a plant, and the war on this plant ruins lives on an almost minutely basis.

Cybele, my answer to your problem is simple. Hypothetically, if you and I were in a relationship, didn't like pot, but was willing to put up with my habit, I would make the concession that I would either smoke outside, or being in an urban area where that might not be a good idea, keep my "smoking room" well ventilated. That isn't too much of a sacrifice to keep your precious air clean! Maybe your significant other didn't feel like opening a window, I don't know.

I just read an article about people and organizations that want to make the planet drug free. It really didn't say anything about helping people, offering solutions, or finding way to treat people's various problems. I smoke weed and don't go out and do stupid things and get arrested. So what is to blame when someone else does? The person, or the plant? It shouldn't take much to figure out if you have any common sense, but most people who want to carry on the prohibition or more interesting in control, money, and following the sheeple. The whole should be pro-choice!

And getting back to why I started this topic, those legal buds suck, wouldn't get a fly high, but they do have some effects, taste good, (they same edible), but are a complete waste of time without THC.

Oh, and Stereolab records are better when you are high!!!

Jul 06, 2009, 00:35

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lique
lique
517 posts

opps, i meant cyberpainter, was a bit swarmy with the term "precious", and had an ass load of typo-s. I need an editor, in which you'd never hear from me again! How many people would love that?

Jul 06, 2009, 00:38

cybele
cybele
736 posts

I absolutely love marijuana. I can't stand doing it anymore though. Used to love it, but then again at the time, I had resided myself to not being sociable. Now I'm more sociable and it trumps being secluded. People need people, I say.

It was easy at university when everyone was high. Now, people seemed to move on. They get their jollies with booze instead.

Still think it should be legal as the day is long. Fucking on marijuana is awesome though.

Cybele

Jul 06, 2009, 00:54

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5940 posts

lique wrote:
Yeah, there's no way to please everyone. I smoke pot, as much as I can. Had a daily habit, and now I can't afford it. Did I go through withdrawals like a coke-head or heroin user? Nope. So why is it classified as a type 1 substance next to those dangerous drugs. It's a plant, and the war on this plant ruins lives on an almost minutely basis.

Cybele, my answer to your problem is simple. Hypothetically, if you and I were in a relationship, didn't like pot, but was willing to put up with my habit, I would make the concession that I would either smoke outside, or being in an urban area where that might not be a good idea, keep my "smoking room" well ventilated. That isn't too much of a sacrifice to keep your precious air clean! Maybe your significant other didn't feel like opening a window, I don't know.

I just read an article about people and organizations that want to make the planet drug free. It really didn't say anything about helping people, offering solutions, or finding way to treat people's various problems. I smoke weed and don't go out and do stupid things and get arrested. So what is to blame when someone else does? The person, or the plant? It shouldn't take much to figure out if you have any common sense, but most people who want to carry on the prohibition or more interesting in control, money, and following the sheeple. The whole should be pro-choice!

And getting back to why I started this topic, those legal buds suck, wouldn't get a fly high, but they do have some effects, taste good, (they same edible), but are a complete waste of time without THC.

Oh, and Stereolab records are better when you are high!!!

Many pharmaceuticals and drugs come from plants, that doesn't automatically make them healthy or safe. I never put pot in the same category as a type 1 drug and never said I agree with that.

I do think drive under the influence or while intoxicated is dangerous and society has a right to protect itself from this. I have been guilty of it myself, your vehicle really turns into a weapon. What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business though. I just gave my experience. Just like living with an alcoholic can possibly be a bad experience, this can be too. Everyone's experiences will vary.

Jul 06, 2009, 01:41

cybele
cybele
736 posts

I agree with everything you and Cyberpainter say.

Also, I think that we are more social creatures than we can ever know. Like I said in an earlier post, it's easy to be a pothead if you're surrounded by potheads. But when I grew older and there were less and less people doing it chronic, I realized that it really retarded me socially.

It took my free time and secluded me in a cell with a television, radio, and computer. I scant think that I'll ever do it again. Strangely, I used to love it.

Cybele

Jul 06, 2009, 17:06

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
I do think drive under the influence or while intoxicated is dangerous and society has a right to protect itself from this. I have been guilty of it myself, your vehicle really turns into a weapon. What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business though. I just gave my experience. Just like living with an alcoholic can possibly be a bad experience, this can be too. Everyone's experiences will vary.

The last time I heard they did a study on this in the UK, and actually found that people were more safe when driving high vs sober. The reason was that they were more chilled out and more cautious, but when they were sober they drove faster and took more chances, more impatient.

I think, like every other drug (legal and otherwise), that it affects different people in different ways. For some, it allows them to open up & be more social... others become paranoid and secluded.

To each their own, but I have heard that drinking and smoking cigarettes is much worse for you health.

Jul 06, 2009, 20:59

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

A lot of pot contains silly amounts of tar. Years back a study showed that smoking one J was on average the equivalent of smoking 15 unfiltered cigarettes in terms of tar intake.

But yeah, I would bet that nicotine itself has more adverse physiological effects than THC. So if you were able to better process the stuff it probably wouldn't be as bad for you* as it is in most forms now.

*strictly in terms of cardiovascular/respiratory health...the whole memory loss debate is another can of worms entirely

Jul 06, 2009, 21:39

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

wracket wrote:
A lot of pot contains silly amounts of tar. Years back a study showed that smoking one J was on average the equivalent of smoking 15 unfiltered cigarettes in terms of tar intake.

So, you recommend a water-based filtration system?

Bong... James Bong

;)

Jul 06, 2009, 22:06

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

I quite like it too, but less and less as the years go by for many of the resons mentioned in this post. I do think it can be enjoyed responsibly though.

I like smoking a bit before embarking on some cleaning or while listening to music at the end of a nasty day. There's such a huge difference between riding out the pleasant high of a small hit or two and smoking big ass blunts (ick).

Like booze, cigarettes, fried food, romantic comedies, etc.........some people like it, some don't. Nothing to get too bent out of shape about......that is, unless it involves Renee Zellweger. *clenches fists*

Jul 06, 2009, 23:08

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

wracket wrote:

But yeah, I would bet that nicotine itself has more adverse physiological effects than THC. So if you were able to better process the stuff it probably wouldn't be as bad for you* as it is in most forms now.

*strictly in terms of cardiovascular/respiratory health...the whole memory loss debate is another can of worms entirely

Pot smoking is obviously bad for lungs, eating it is probably perfectly healthy, and a preferred method.

Jul 06, 2009, 23:25

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index