Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
New Order anecdote thread
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: Built to Spill

Great song. Even my dad likes it!

I have been into them for a couple of years. Its just great 'indie-rock' - very melodic. Doug's a bit wierdy-beardy mind. Do you have the Live LP? The ending to The Plan is eargasmic. I really hope they play it like that. Disappointingly he seems to do a 'Noel' with Car.

I'll buy you a pint if you get a ticket. I'm not an axe murderer :]

Oct 14, 2008, 22:34

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: New Order anecdote thread

GaryB wrote:
although I am 6'4" so viewing isn't a problem generally

*HIGH HIGH FIVE TALL BROTHER!!!*

i am also 6'4 and have no problem seeing at any venue. All my friends 5'5 and less cant see anywhere. Sometimes being tall has its advantages.

Oct 14, 2008, 22:39

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

High five!

It comes in handy at gigs, although if I get in late I feel a bit guilty standing in front of folks that are, invariably, smaller than me.

I hate my correspondingly large feet UK 14, US 15.

Oct 14, 2008, 23:02

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

They got boo'd at Barrowlands upon leaving after 45 minutes (not the night I was there thankfully),

Oct 14, 2008, 23:04

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

I usually find a group of tall fellows, and peer between their heads.

My feet are not that large US 12.

must be a bitch of a time finding shoes.

Oct 14, 2008, 23:18

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

6'4" seems a common height for Lab fans. I'm 6'4", and I believe Archigram is as well (and maybe one or two others, if memory serves).

Surely there's some cosmic significance to all this.

Oct 14, 2008, 23:25

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

Yes there is, that you guys are the ones making it hard for poor little me to see Stereolab! No just kidding... You have every right to stand where you want to, but why if a club makes everyone stand like cattle, can't they make the stage a bit taller? Then I'd be able to see the heads of the band members at least! Or maybe there should be a law that three or more tall guys can't stand shoulder to shoulder with each other!

Oct 15, 2008, 05:28

basil too
275 posts

I just scoured the Internet for the Sonic Youth show and can turn up nothing. Must have been a bad dream I had.

Sorry.

Oran Mor should be great! Got my tickets. See you all there.

Oct 15, 2008, 08:19

Slimboy Fat
3 posts

thomas2 wrote:
I was there at Reading in 1991 when Barney came on and announced "we're New Order and we're not spliitin' oop!"

Glorious.

Saw them another time in a massive tent in Finsbury Park which was crap. Kept us waiting till about midnight.

I was at both those gigs too. Reading 'not splitting up' was '89 and one of their best. The Finsbury one was a couple of years before, not as good, but still great, a classic no encore show. They were out on their own back then. Refusing to play the cheesy pop star game.

Oct 15, 2008, 10:05

thomas2
thomas2
1692 posts

Ah yes 89, I always get them mixed up. 89 was the year of the Butthole Surfers - one of the best live acts I've ever seen.. it was simply amazing.

Oct 15, 2008, 12:26

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index