Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Sad Lab help me out.
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Sad Lab help me out.

I love sad songs. I think there is something wonderful about wollowing in sadness in a song... It gets it out of you. you know?

Altho i find that Emotional songs dont really fit into the dynamic of stereolab too often. There are a few. Lab or Not I NEED SUGGESTIONS!! What are your heart rippers? Think about it. Ponder in the depths of sad songs. I have a few in mind and i want to see if any of you hep cats out there think of some of the ones i do.

Waxy

Oct 15, 2008, 02:56

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Archigram
Archigram
375 posts

Re: Sad Lab help me out.

Well, my personal favorite "melancholic" S'lab song is "Naught More Terrific Than Man". It just has this autumnal, emotional vibe to it without being EMOTIONAL.

Oct 15, 2008, 03:00

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Bauhaus - Hollow Hills

Oct 15, 2008, 03:09

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

Slow Fast Hazel was the first one that came into my head.

Oct 15, 2008, 03:11

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

whoops, non 'lab as well...

I'll get back to you.

Oct 15, 2008, 03:12

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

A Silver Mt. Zion - Could've Moved Mountains...
Wilco - You Are My Face; On and On and On
Depeche Mode - World Full of Nothing
Split Enz - Semi Detached
Sparklehorse - Spirit Ditch (Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot for saddest album perhaps)
Nick Drake - Time Has Told Me
Scott Walker - Rhymes of Goodbye

Oct 15, 2008, 03:23

Machine is Bored With Love
25 posts

Anything by Gravenhurst

Oct 15, 2008, 03:54

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Joy Division, Lou Reed, Pink Flody, This Mortal Coil, Leonard Cohen

I know what you mean, I've felt better by listening to sad/depressing/melencholy music from time to time.

Definitely listen to any Joy Division.

Also, Lou Reed's Berlin album is very good, but makes me want to kill myself over sadness.

Pink Floyd's the Wall has a similar effect on my mood.

Umm.... maybe This Mortal Coil and Leonard Cohen too.

and the Cure (old stuff in particular) :)

Oct 15, 2008, 04:03

25 posts

There are a couple of good sad songs on Cat Power's "Moon Pix" too.

"Humming" by Portishead

There are a couple of good piano tracks on the Aphex Twin drukqs album that I listen to when I'm down sometimes, but I don't know if I'd necessarily consider those as "sad" songs

as for a sad Lab song, I'd probably say Contranatura. It's got a bit of sad tone at first before it breaks into funky grooviness.

Oct 15, 2008, 04:15

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

The one Stereolab song that tugs at my heart strings is 'The Black Arts'. But you are right, Stereolab dont really do it in the emotional song stakes.

I really do love a sad songs though..well maybe not songs that are lyrically sad per se, but songs that are melodically melancholic??!!

Please Please Please...by The Smiths always makes me feel nice - the lyrics are quite poignant too.

'Love Vigilantes' by New Order is also quite 'powerful'..in an 1980s teen type way :]

Oct 15, 2008, 08:21

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index