Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Sad Lab help me out.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

diskkoholic
diskkoholic
22 posts

Re: Sad Lab help me out.

i think one of the saddest lab-songs is 'monstre sacre', although that's one of my least favorite songs of them ever. it just doesn't suit them for some reason. outside the lab, one of the saddest songs i know is 'the end' by sibylle baier. it's beautiful, but heartbreaking.

Oct 15, 2008, 09:20

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

I Hurt Bert
I Hurt Bert
43 posts

Re: Joy Division, Lou Reed, Pink Flody, This Mortal Coil, Leonard Cohen

Labhead wrote:
I know what you mean, I've felt better by listening to sad/depressing/melencholy music from time to time.

Definitely listen to any Joy Division.

Also, Lou Reed's Berlin album is very good, but makes me want to kill myself over sadness.

Pink Floyd's the Wall has a similar effect on my mood.

Umm.... maybe This Mortal Coil and Leonard Cohen too.

and the Cure (old stuff in particular) :)

Lou Reed's "The Kids" and of course, "Sad Song" from the Berlin album were the first two that came too my mind too.

I love "The Kids", and that part at the end with the children crying gets me every time. It IS just so sad...

Oct 15, 2008, 09:48

I Hurt Bert
I Hurt Bert
43 posts

Whoops! Just reported my own post (by accident) - I'm sure I'm not the only one to do that (getting used to this new look)...

I agree about there not being many sad Stereolab songs. One that I do always think of is "Les aimies des m??mes" - I'm not actually sure what its about though.

Other songs:

Died Pretty "Everybody Moves" - about people moving away, really sad on sad-ometer...

"I'm So Lonesome I Could Die" - any version of this

Pet Shop Boys "Home Tonight"

Dennis Wilson "Farewell My Friend"

Smiths "Back to the Old House"

Depeche Mode "Condemnation"

Flaming Lips "Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell"

Oct 15, 2008, 09:57

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Lips - It's Summertime (I LOVE that song!)

Oct 15, 2008, 12:05

threedimensions
14 posts

Um, Feel and Triple anyone?

Oct 15, 2008, 13:11

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

Goldfrapp - Felt Mountain

Oct 15, 2008, 15:44

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

pretty pain.

robert wyatt - dondestan (revisited)

it has one moment of comic relief with the title track but the rest is some of the prettiest pain you'll ever hear...

oh, and anything by vincent gallo. i'd also recommend the 'brown bunny' soundtrack -- gallo doesn't appear on that record but he chose the songs (and man are they sad)...

Oct 15, 2008, 16:14

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

ne me quitte pas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZSAkCdLzkg

Oct 15, 2008, 16:17

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

ne me quitte pas (w/ english subtitles)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za_6A0XnMyw

Oct 15, 2008, 16:33

astro_jose
astro_jose
32 posts

stereolab songs: pause, one small step, sudden stars because the angel had to fly away and be taken care by the sun.

other songs: bjork's unravel, depeche mode's home, pj harvey's teclo, etc.

Oct 15, 2008, 17:14

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index