Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Sad Lab help me out.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

easychord
69 posts

Re: Sad Lab help me out.

Come Undone - Duran Duran

The music was as responsible for bringing tears to my eyes as the lyrics.

Oct 15, 2008, 17:21

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Sad songs

Joni Mitchell, The Last Time I Saw Richard
Peggy Lee, Is That All There Is?
Bette Midler, Hello In There
The Cure, A Chain of Flowers
The Cure, The Same Deep Water As You
Joy Division, The Eternal
Cat Power, Colors And The Kids
Low, Condescend
Current 93, Larkspur And Lazarus
This Mortal Coil, Song To The Siren
Peter Gabriel, The Drop
The Innocence Mission, Snow
Neil Young, Sugar Mountain
The Softies, Winter Pageant
Piano Magic, Comets
Brian Eno, By This River
Sinead O?Connor, A Perfect Indian
Sinead O?Connor, Troy
Sinead O?Connor, Black Boys On Mopeds
The Jesus And Mary Chain, Cut Dead

Oct 15, 2008, 17:39

whisperscream
whisperscream
174 posts

Dear Marge.

Some bloke counts to 6, then this wistful song, then total rock out to lift you.

Oct 15, 2008, 22:29

Hobobachang
Hobobachang
2130 posts

Sibylle Baier

Ahh, Sibylle, truly heartbreakingly beautiful.....I adore her voice. And I think the German accent is really lovely. "I lost something in the hills" is my favourite song off the album.

Hers is an unusual story, kind of like Vashti Bunyan is some ways.....but she wasn't so much "rediscovered" as "found many years later" I suppose, as her recordings were personal and never intended for release (as far as I am aware?). For anyone who's into that kind of stuff and hasn't heard "Colour Green" I highly recommend having a listen, you can hear the whole thing here

8 )

Oct 15, 2008, 23:06

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

monade.

monade has a couple moody songs...

'entre chien et loup' from monstre cosmic. also 'elle topo -- even though it changes time a lot, there's an overall sense of melancholy throughout...

the trombone solo at the beginning of '2 portes, 7 fen?tres' from a few steps more is also beautifully sad... and their cover version of 'at last i am free'...

Oct 16, 2008, 00:23

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

diskkoholic wrote:
outside the lab, one of the saddest songs i know is 'the end' by sibylle baier. it's beautiful, but heartbreaking.

I wish i knew your real name to thank you for bringing this to this thread its so very beautiful. I'm just covered in goose pimples. I'm going to seek it out and buy it.

Oct 16, 2008, 00:37

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: Joy Division, Lou Reed, Pink Flody, This Mortal Coil, Leonard Cohen

Labhead wrote:
Also, Lou Reed's Berlin album is very good, but makes me want to kill myself over sadness.
:)

The only reason i ever picked up Berlin was because a Janitor at one of my old jobs used to sing "happy birthday dear Kylie" to me everyday (cuze my name is kyle and hes a bit of a nutter) And one day i asked him why he did that, and he said its the intro to Lou Reeds Berlin and every time he saw me he thought of that album. and he liked to think that i was the child lou was singing to at the begining.

Then finally one day i was in a used record shop in Montreal and i bought Berlin, and i listened to it on my bf's turntable and headphones and with that tragic idea in mind it carried me away. I dont think i've ever been the same after that.

I told him i bought it. He asked me if i liked it, i said of course i did its amazing. He said "lou was singing to you." I said 'i wasnt even born yet' he said "he was still singing to you." then we parted ways and i never saw him again. Rumour was his dad died and he moved out west to deal with it, but that was the last time i saw him.

I'm grateful that i at least solved that mystery as to why everyday was my birthday and why he called me Kylie. I feel connected to that album in a rather odd way. because of him. and our breif hall way encounters.

Oct 16, 2008, 00:57

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Machine is Bored With Love wrote:
There are a couple of good piano tracks on the Aphex Twin drukqs album that I listen to when I'm down sometimes, but I don't know if I'd necessarily consider those as "sad" songs

Those tracks are so very Erik Satie. Its not even funny. I love them and Satie.

Oct 16, 2008, 00:58

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

GaryB wrote:
The one Stereolab song that tugs at my heart strings is 'The Black Arts'. But you are right, Stereolab dont really do it in the emotional song stakes.

That was one of the ones i was thinking its very longing, sad the way she says that she needs someone. i think its an extremely personal song of laetitias. Probably one of the most. everything else is kind of removed from being personal. Not that one.

Oct 16, 2008, 01:04

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: ne me quitte pas (w/ english subtitles)

mirtchevman wrote:

OK, now thats sad!

this thread is hard to bear.

Oct 16, 2008, 01:08

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index