Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Sad Lab help me out.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: Sad Lab help me out.

astro_jose wrote:
bjork's unravel, pj harvey's teclo,

alot of bjorks stuff is sufferingly sad, So broken particularly. its like you can hear her heart breaking in two during the Flamenco guitar version live.

All of To bring you my love is wonderfully tragic

Oct 16, 2008, 01:12

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: Joy Division, Lou Reed, Pink Flody, This Mortal Coil, Leonard Cohen

I Hurt Bert wrote:
Pet Shop Boys "Home Tonight"

I am a huge PSB fan, I dont know that song. Do you mean home and Dry?

Oct 16, 2008, 01:19

Machine is Bored With Love
Machine is Bored With Love
25 posts

I noticed that too! Satie was a little nuts but he wrote a lot of good simple pieces like that (Vexations wasn't one of them :P )
Gnossiennes 1-5 were the first pieces for piano I ever learned. Come to think of it, the first 4 Gnossiennes all have a kind of sad air about them.

Oct 16, 2008, 04:55

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

I sometimes think of my relationship listening to that album.

"people shouldn't treat others that way! but at first, I thought I could take it ALL."

Oct 16, 2008, 05:31

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

diskkoholic wrote:
i think one of the saddest lab-songs is 'monstre sacre', although that's one of my least favorite songs of them ever. it just doesn't suit them for some reason. outside the lab, one of the saddest songs i know is 'the end' by sibylle baier. it's beautiful, but heartbreaking.

I agree with MONSTRE SACRE being one of the saddest Stereolab songs, but it is actually one of my favorite song ever!
Other beautifully sad Stereolab songs are: THE EMERGENCY KISSES, VELVET WATER and K-STARS.
Even these three are among my favorite songs.

Oct 16, 2008, 10:36

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

It stands out a mile. I often wonder if it is personal. What was the state of her 'n' Tim's relationship at that time? If they were still together did Tim think - "yikes".

Oct 16, 2008, 11:31

mirtchevman
mirtchevman
1725 posts

Re: ne me quitte pas (w/ english subtitles)

jacques brel is no joke.

that's gotta be one of the saddest songs of all time...

Oct 16, 2008, 17:22

I Hurt Bert
I Hurt Bert
43 posts

waxenpith wrote:
I Hurt Bert wrote:
Pet Shop Boys "Home Tonight"

I am a huge PSB fan, I dont know that song. Do you mean home and Dry?

woops, yep!! Home and Dry!!! Great song.

Oct 17, 2008, 13:06

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index