Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Beck
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Beck

Here's a new video- acoustic version of Orphans from Modern Guilt. It's good!

http://beck.com/videotheque

Jul 13, 2009, 01:31


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

Re: Beck

I guess they did the whole album acoustically and will release more weekly. He sure knows how to keep the attention going. Good on him...

Jul 13, 2009, 01:34


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Beck

cyberpainter wrote:
I guess they did the whole album acoustically and will release more weekly. He sure knows how to keep the attention going. Good on him...


Best songwriter of this generation. There, i said it.

Jul 13, 2009, 01:35


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: Beck

Yeah he's covering an album a day, and editing the tracks over a longer period of time and releasing them digitally. First album is gonna be The Velvets + Nico.

Jul 13, 2009, 02:16


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Beck

waxenpith wrote:
Yeah he's covering an album a day, and editing the tracks over a longer period of time and releasing them digitally. First album is gonna be The Velvets + Nico.


Makes sense, his mom hung around Andy Warhol's Factory.

I can't believe Beck is a Scientologist. :(

Jul 13, 2009, 03:54


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

Re: Beck

thanks! very nice indeed.

Jul 13, 2009, 03:57


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

guero
170 posts

Re: Beck

Labhead wrote:


I can't believe Beck is a Scientologist. :(


I can't believe Beck is jewish...

Religion is stupid (imo) even if it's xtianity, judaism, islam, scientology or whatever (jedi is cool though)... But whatever faith he has, has nothing to do with us - he's still one of the coolest and best artists out there imo. Religion is a personal thing as long as it doesn't hurt other people (and as far as I know - Bek has never hurt anyone)!

Beck in Spin magazine:

My father was doing scientology in the 60's, so it's something that's been around for most of my life. But the only time I hear anything negative about it is in interviews. In the real world, people I know, they don't give a shit. I was raised celebrating jewish holidays, and I concider myself jewish. But I've read books on scientology and drawn insights from that.
http://www.diskolito.com/archives/articles/pdf/2008-09-Spin-InsideTheMindOfRocksEccentricGenius.pdf

Jul 13, 2009, 16:05


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

vista7@hotmail.com
338 posts

Re: Beck

acoustic is good, but I would like to see some more bigtime production. I thought Odelay was great. I think Beck got tired of all the media attention and had made enough cash to bow out of the spotlight.

Jul 13, 2009, 20:42


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Beck

vista7@hotmail.com wrote:
acoustic is good, but I would like to see some more bigtime production. I thought Odelay was great. I think Beck got tired of all the media attention and had made enough cash to bow out of the spotlight.


i think several of his albums had big production after odelay, sometimes with not so great effects. Ever hear Midnight Vultures?

Jul 13, 2009, 21:14


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Beck

guero wrote:
Labhead wrote:


I can't believe Beck is a Scientologist. :(


I can't believe Beck is jewish...

Religion is stupid (imo) even if it's xtianity, judaism, islam, scientology or whatever (jedi is cool though)... But whatever faith he has, has nothing to do with us - he's still one of the coolest and best artists out there imo. Religion is a personal thing as long as it doesn't hurt other people (and as far as I know - Bek has never hurt anyone)!

Beck in Spin magazine:

My father was doing scientology in the 60's, so it's something that's been around for most of my life. But the only time I hear anything negative about it is in interviews. In the real world, people I know, they don't give a shit. I was raised celebrating jewish holidays, and I concider myself jewish. But I've read books on scientology and drawn insights from that.
http://www.diskolito.com/archives/articles/pdf/2008-09-Spin-InsideTheMindOfRocksEccentricGenius.pdf




i could really give 2 fucks about Beck's religion. As long as he keeps delivering the gbood music (which he has for 16+ years) he could be a hari krishna for all i care. He doesn't write songs as far as i can tell about Scientology, so i don't understand why anyone cares.

Jul 13, 2009, 21:17

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index