Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Beck
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

guero
170 posts

Re: Beck

I totally agree Marsy!

By the way, I pressed the report this post - link by mistake, sorry if you get in trouble with the iron fist Pikey! ;)

Jul 13, 2009, 23:19

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Mars Rover wrote:
i think several of his albums had big production after odelay, sometimes with not so great effects. Ever hear Midnight Vultures?

I super love Midnight Vultures. Its actually prolly my fave beck album. Its just so silly and irreverent.

Jul 13, 2009, 23:28

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Midnight Vultures

waxenpith wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
i think several of his albums had big production after odelay, sometimes with not so great effects. Ever hear Midnight Vultures?

I super love Midnight Vultures. Its actually prolly my fave beck album. Its just so silly and irreverent.

i've grown to like it more over the years, but it probably still ranks as my least favorite Beck album. Some songs are really good however.

Jul 13, 2009, 23:32

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

guero wrote:
I totally agree Marsy!

By the way, I pressed the report this post - link by mistake, sorry if you get in trouble with the iron fist Pikey! ;)

Its about time the authorities caught up with me.

Jul 13, 2009, 23:33

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: Midnight Vultures

"We drop lobotomy beats
Evaporated meats
On hi-tech street
We go solo
Dance floors and talk shows
Hot dogs, No Doz
Hot Sex in back rows"

Makes me giggle every single time.

Jul 13, 2009, 23:35

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

oh my gawd BECK is such an amazing artist. I don't know what I think of the new cd though. It's good. It makes me appreciate the information even more. I listen to the new cd. I love his music. he's real american hero

Jul 14, 2009, 03:32

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Midnight Vultures

Norman Swartzkoppf you look like you wanna go home
custom clothes custom area codes you own

Jul 14, 2009, 03:34

Mozart Breath
Mozart Breath
165 posts

I don't really share the Beck love. I found his original persona during the "Mellow Gold" era to be kind of interesting, and he certainly wrote more interesting lyrics during that time period. I ultimately find that he has this sort of detached cool that makes his music rather lifeless and predictable. I am sure I am in the minority, but I feel he is someone who spent himself creatively rather early in his career as a recording artist.

Jul 14, 2009, 04:07

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Mozart Breath wrote:
I don't really share the Beck love. I found his original persona during the "Mellow Gold" era to be kind of interesting, and he certainly wrote more interesting lyrics during that time period. I ultimately find that he has this sort of detached cool that makes his music rather lifeless and predictable. I am sure I am in the minority, but I feel he is someone who spent himself creatively rather early in his career as a recording artist.

you are probably not in the minority. Completely disagree.

Jul 14, 2009, 05:56

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
634 posts

So what's the best Beck album? And for what reasons?

I've so far heard Midnite Vultures and Sea Change. Both interesting in their own right. Could there be an album that would completely knock me over? Maybe Mellow Gold that Mozart Breath alluded to?

Jul 14, 2009, 15:51

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index