Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Beck
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Beck

There is nothing wrong with religion. In fact, materialism and "fact fundamentalism" are much more stupid. The ground of all being is consciousness. The universe is mental in nature.

Jul 15, 2009, 05:03

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

The problem throughout the last 2000 years cannot be blamed on God or a belief in a supposedly nonexistent God. The problem is the thirst for power and authoritarianism, and the will to control the masses through dogmatic means. These things are part of the natural makeup of man--they cannot be attributed to belief in God. People would kill each other NO MATTER WHAT, regardless of any ideas of God. Those who watch Fox News today are no different than those who were controlled by the Roman Catholic church in centuries past.

Jul 15, 2009, 05:17

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

The problem with most atheists is that they believe in the concept of God as an anthropomorphism, which is the most basic form of belief in God. The belief in God as a "man in the sky" who punishes creatures below is far from what what intelligent Christians believe about reality. The God that atheists disavow is not the true God--if anything he is the God of the fundamentalists, which is the version of God that any religious person in his or her right mind should also disavow.

Jul 15, 2009, 05:23

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
The problem with most atheists is...

You had me at "Hello".

Jul 15, 2009, 08:18

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

wracket wrote:
The problem with most atheists is...

You had me at "Hello".

People on here write things all the time like "I think all religion is stupid." I at least said "most" atheists.

Jul 15, 2009, 15:10

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

And anyway, I'm saying that I agree with atheists...

Jul 15, 2009, 15:49

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

And anyway, I'm saying that I agree with atheists...

The God that atheists do not believe in does not exist.

Jul 15, 2009, 15:52

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

There's no proof either way that god does or doesn't exist, atheism is faith based just like religions are. Nobody has died and survived to tell the tale of what happens after.

Jul 15, 2009, 15:57

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
There's no proof either way that god does or doesn't exist, atheism is faith based just like religions are. Nobody has died and survived to tell the tale of what happens after.

That's true in the sense that there is no proof of the kind that atheists demand.

The proof is the mystical experiences of those who have communed with God. Since the spiritual realm is beyond ordinary third dimensional consciousness, we can't go there and bring back the proof that it exists for materialists. An individual has to make the requisite effort, which begins with the faith that there is something beyond the material world.

Jul 15, 2009, 16:06

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Anyway, it's pointless to discuss these things here, because I just end up looking ridiculous to materialists who have already decided that I'm ridiculous for believing in the spiritual origins of existence. I'm not attempting to win anyone over to a side.

I just posted those things last night because I was upset about some of the blanket statements being made about religion in this thread...I had a few beers.

Jul 15, 2009, 16:14

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index