Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
what are your veiws on abortion?
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

Re: However. . .

Every republican I've come into contact with pretty much say the same thing when the subject is brought up. It seems like the baby should be born no matter what the circumstance is and expect the baby to come up with it's own health care plan.

Jul 17, 2009, 17:27

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

War is late term abortion.

Jul 17, 2009, 17:37

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

cybele wrote:
Are you really serious? You really are generalizing like that? Republicans are anti-abortion but once a baby is born, they can care a less about it?
Cybele

Don't tell me you've never heard that joke "republicans only care about you until you're born"?

Yes, it's understood to not be completely true, obviously, but it comes from how much they fight for a foetus, but then when they're born, they're generally against any kind of welfare or other spending on children (esp. poor/minorities, because they think everybody's a leech and don't see the help it does).

Jul 17, 2009, 17:49

cybele
cybele
736 posts

I think that's painting Republicans with a rather broad brush. I'm personally against welfare not only because people leech from it, but because it totally keeps people dependant and prevents them from going anywhere.

As for abortion, I just said I wasn't against it.

So. . .you're both fucking wrong with your generalizations then aren't you? I don't paint Democrats with such a broad brush.

Most people are not on opposite sides left and right folks even though they vote one of two ways.

Cybele

Jul 17, 2009, 19:33

wracket
wracket
1427 posts

Breathe deep, Cybele. It'll be okay.

Jul 17, 2009, 19:36

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

*holds you*
*pets your hair*

Jul 17, 2009, 19:41

cybele
cybele
736 posts

Am I right though? That's some pretty harsh shit to be generalizing on a brotha'!

Cybele

Jul 17, 2009, 21:20

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

cybele wrote:
I think that's painting Republicans with a rather broad brush. I'm personally against welfare not only because people leech from it, but because it totally keeps people dependant and prevents them from going anywhere.

As for abortion, I just said I wasn't against it.

So. . .you're both fucking wrong with your generalizations then aren't you? I don't paint Democrats with such a broad brush.

Most people are not on opposite sides left and right folks even though they vote one of two ways.

Cybele

Understood. I've never thought that all republicans fit the stereotypes, just as I don't fit all liberal stereotypes (I 1/2 believe in gun rights, and I'm not a vegetarian, for instance).

We're referring to the majority and the official republican party platform, but of course not all party members will agree with EVERYTHING their party officially stands for.

Don't take everything personally. :)

Jul 17, 2009, 21:29

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

My NEW EMO ROCK BAND

INFANTICIDE

Jul 18, 2009, 01:07

lique
lique
517 posts

Re: My NEW EMO ROCK BAND

If science can come far enough to tell if your kid to be is going to grow up to be a little emo rocker than I FULLY SUPPORT ABORTIONS!!!

Jul 18, 2009, 01:20

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index