Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yo La Tengo Fans
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Yo La Tengo Fans

The new LP, 'Popular Songs', is now streaming through Matador's BEGN.

This is a great new track from the album. This rocks!

Jul 27, 2009, 21:02

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

whisperscream
whisperscream
174 posts

Re: Yo La Tengo Fans

Tight!

I downloaded some of the stuff off of "I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass", "Condo Fucks" and "Popular Songs"

Thanks for that.

Jul 27, 2009, 21:45

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

what a great album...

http://radiobutt.blogspot.com/

Jul 29, 2009, 00:37

Boppawombat Returns
35 posts

I do love Yo La Tengo. They're grrrrrrrreat!

Aug 19, 2009, 15:22

lique
lique
517 posts

I've listened to the new record. It stands up with the best of their work. It's a long record though... YLT trademarks and all.

I like some some songs, some songs lull too much for me. And some are just too thinly veiled to not notice the songs inspirations. "I'm On My Way" for example sounds like a modern spin on The Lovin' Spoonfuls "Didn't Want To Have To Do It", or the motown-ish 'sugar-pie, honey-bunch' groove of "If It's True".

None-the-less, there are a few of those built in "cool" songs like "Periodically Triple of Double" that make you a fan of the band in the first place.

It's worth a listen, and certainly something that will please most YLT fans.

Aug 19, 2009, 19:00