Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Who are you?
Pages: 15 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Who are you?

I think it's time for a new Who Are You thread, seeing as we have a new forum.

So.. who are you? Where do you live? What do you do for work?

I'll go first.

Oct 16, 2008, 13:16

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Re: Who are you?

I'm Tom. I live in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, UK. I work in IT, looking after database servers for a company that make PCs and software for the Education Sector in the UK. I have 2 kids and I'm divorced. I'm 36.

And in case you're not bored yet ... I have been into Stereolab for 13 years and I've been on this forum since it was first created, which must have been something like 2000, around the time of Sound-Dust or just before.

Oct 16, 2008, 13:18

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

Hi, I'm Jermaine, and I've been listening to The Groop since Emperor Tomato Ketchup, which was, wow, yeah, just about 13 years ago!

I live in New York City and not only did I see Stereolab play a couple of weeks ago, I spied with my little eye Laetitia herself buying falafel from a truck around West 4th Street. Holy socks!

Oct 16, 2008, 13:35

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

I'm Lawrence. I live in Texas. I work at a hospital in a non-clinical capacity. I also study occultism (Tarot, astrology, alchemy, etc.), and volunteer at my church as a Deacon.

I've been on the forum longer than Thomas, I think--but not as long as Cheeso and JS.

Oct 16, 2008, 14:09

brakhage
brakhage
58 posts

Hi
Pascal, Paris, France. I am an IT manager in a "world company" who is selling energy.

I listen to the 'lab since Super 45, so maybe from nov' 91. I've seen them probably 12 or 13 times, and interviewed them twice.

My ever favorite band.

And Transient Random-Noise is my all time favorite records.

Oct 16, 2008, 14:21

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

I'm not sure.

Oct 16, 2008, 14:23

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
I'm Lawrence. I live in Texas. I work at a hospital in a non-clinical capacity. I also study occultism (Tarot, astrology, alchemy, etc.), and volunteer at my church as a Deacon.

I've been on the forum longer than Thomas, I think--but not as long as Cheeso and JS.

Oh yeah, and I also have this nifty Masters Degree in English Literature that I am still paying for and don't use...but I got to explore my love of poetry and develop my writing skills.

I've seen Stereolab 9 times and in three different U.S. states since 1996, and spoken with Laetitia twice.

Oct 16, 2008, 14:26

EnosEmurf
EnosEmurf
22 posts

I'm Chris, I am 19 years old and from the Philadelphia area.
I am a musician and student, I have played with members of King Crimson and also a few Zappa alumni.
Stereolab have been pretty much my favorite band ever since I picked up Sound-Dust on a whim after seeing the cover in a record store.

Shameless plug: http://www.myspace.com/whencarsascend

Oct 16, 2008, 14:27

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

are you the reason King Crimson have sucked since Thrak?

Oct 16, 2008, 14:30

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:

I've seen Stereolab 9 times and in three different U.S. states since 1996, and spoken with Laetitia twice.

And I've seen Monade once in Austin--and Laetitia signed my 3" cd. Somehow, word got out among the crowd that LBO was there. I was like a forum celebrity or something.

Oct 16, 2008, 14:34

Pages: 15 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index