Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Who are you?
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: Who are you?

Hey CP, thanks.

Cool site. And so many familiar names!

I registered and am labelled a 'little shit'. Yay!

Oct 19, 2008, 00:03

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Machine is Bored With Love
25 posts

I'm Mike, I'm 24 - originally from Brooklyn, New York - by day I work as a warehouse lead in an awful retail chain store (soon to be going out of business...)in the Phoenix, Arizona area, by night I study classical piano in my own time (mostly French "impressionism"). I'm terribly anti-social and may come off as being rude at times, though I certainly don't mean to be! I've been posting here and there for about 6 months but I've visited the forum often since I found it by chance about 2 years ago. Lots of great music suggestions and there's never a dull moment (except for when that marcschaeffer dude kept posting nonstop a few months back lol)

I've been in love with everything Stereolab ever since I heard the opening blips to a 30 second sound clip of Brakhage on a listening station at work about 4 years ago.

umm...what else...

sunsets
The New York Mets

dislikes: smokers
drivers who text
the Dallas Cowboys

- next Fridays show will be my first Stereolab show!(yay!) and chances are I'll be the tallest person in the crowd so apologies in advance to anybody whose view I may block :P

Oct 19, 2008, 22:34

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

I like the Dallas Cowboys.

Oct 19, 2008, 22:59

25 posts

allyourrushingwaves wrote:
I like the Dallas Cowboys.

I'm a big Raiders fan -(insert joke here)-. How I became one growing up in NY I will never know. My 2nd fave team is the Jets! -(insert 2nd joke here)-

Oct 20, 2008, 19:54

microbehunter
microbehunter
626 posts

I am Wayn.

Same age as Tom, not as good looking maybe but I have probably got more hair.

Originally from Bristol, lived in London for the last 15 years. Divorced with one child. I work in IT with the printing and reprographics industry.

Played drums and percussion since about 12 years old. Don't bother much with bands ... too many egos, too many assholes. Just jam for fun and do a little freelance tuition. I'm pretty good but I need to practise constantly.

Got into the groop around 1998. It got pretty obsessive for couple of years. Finding new music with female vocals that I really liked. Thankfully it has settled down to a mild flirtation with the bands music these days. Seen them live about six times I think. The first one was the best, at the crusty old Shepherds Bush Empire on the Soundust tour with Mary. Still haven't bought or heard the new album.

Other interests: travel, current affairs, tennis, girls, world cinema ... the great virtuoso Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky

Oct 20, 2008, 20:17

augustus
augustus
54 posts

I am 48 (just) and first got in Stereolab around 1997 - ETK. I have been part of the forum from the earliest days. I live in London and run an ethical investment company. My partner Laura and I are going to have a baby on New Year's Day. I am a partner in two cafes and a restaurant (the Giaconda Dining Room - reviewed in last Saturday's Guardian magazine - 9.5 stars out of 10!) and a partner in two magazines - Prospect and Monocle. I also support Rhino conservation, anti-whaling, Brazilian street kids. And I am listening to Love at this moment....

Oct 21, 2008, 11:06

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

you flatter me!
My hair isn't receeding. My forehead is growing.

And also ... don't forget your interest in women tennis player.

Oct 21, 2008, 11:18

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

Forever changes? I was listening to Comes In Colours yesterday.

My love she comes in colours!

i know the feeling

Oct 21, 2008, 11:20

augustus
augustus
54 posts

Suzhou is beautiful.

Oct 21, 2008, 11:21

thomas2
thomas2
1693 posts

You're the class clown, my little Stephanie

Oct 21, 2008, 11:21

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index