Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Irreversible
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Irreversible

Anyone seen this controversial French horror movie? I had not heard about this until today and I feel sick to my stomach after reading about it. Here's a local article on it...

http://www.avclub.com/content/feature/the_new_cult_canon_irreversible

I don't think I can ever bring myself to watch this, but am curious to hear opinions of others.

Oct 16, 2008, 21:15

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Irreversible

I'd be interested in seeing it, is it available on dvd yet?

Oct 16, 2008, 21:40

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Yes it is. One of the fellows from Daft Punk did the soundtrack.

Oct 16, 2008, 22:33

DCypher2
107 posts

I've seen it, and it is quite disturbing. I suppose it was intentional, and since the story is told in reverse the viewer is aware of what has transpired after but does not know what originally started it all. I guess in that sense it was successful in giving off the feeling that it was irreversible because you can't avoid what you as a viewer is already aware of. I wouldn't watch it again though, expecially because Monica Belucci is too beautiful, and it hurts to see that happen to her.

Oct 16, 2008, 22:40

allyourrushingwaves
allyourrushingwaves
219 posts

I own it on dvd. even without the shocking/controversial elements, it's still one of the worst movies I've seen.

Oct 16, 2008, 23:57