Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
You Tweeners
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lique
lique
517 posts

You Tweeners

When Chemical Chords first came out almost a year ago now I remember seeing a lot of negative feedback in this forum. Hell, I wasn't overwhelmed by the record at first either. But it's grown on me. And lately I've been listening to it a lot and snagged a copy for the turntable and the tour single. I think part deux will be pretty good and I look forward to hearing it. I'm sure there is a lot more material worked up then we realize. I get the feeling now that those last sessions was more of a strike while the iron is hot thing to crank out whatever the band had left in them. Either way... Chemical Chords really is a good record and stands up with the best of their releases. And it is a lot better than Fab Four Sutre.

Aug 06, 2009, 20:33

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: You Tweeners

you should maybe change your avatar, mate.

spot on comments about CC!

Aug 06, 2009, 20:46

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2779 posts

lique wrote:
Chemical Chords really is a good record and stands up with the best of their releases. And it is a lot better than Fab Four Sutre.

I agree. I said it then and I'll repeat it now, CC is the best the groop has done since Sound-Dust.

Aug 06, 2009, 20:51

meanchico
meanchico
2697 posts

I'm a homo. I don't care.

I like CC a lot too! My favorite comment about it from the form was labeling the title track as the soap opera song. I never thought of it in that way, but its completely fitting. hehe.

Ecstatic Static is the choice track for me this week.

Aug 06, 2009, 21:09

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

Chemical Chords is the biggest lab "grower", I mean it grows on me even now, after hundreds of listenings, Tim done amazing job

Aug 06, 2009, 21:11

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

People who don't appreciate chemical chords have hearing trouble. It's excited me since day one. I agree with mu that it rates up there with sound-dust. pretty close. I'm going to listen to it now.

Aug 07, 2009, 02:02

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

still sounds great. love joes' horn.

tended cultivated
to keep the balance
intricate delicate
role of the gardner

Aug 07, 2009, 03:29

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I tend my garden with a doppler laser and I listen to pop molecule whilst evermore.

Aug 07, 2009, 03:31

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Loved Chemical Chords from the first listen, and love it even more now. Maybe not the Groop's most complicated or experimental work, but it is a strong contender for my favorite Stereolab record of all (right up there with Dots & Loops and Sound Dust). I just love, love, love the horns and strings, and the stripped-down, girl-group, deconstructed Motown sound of it all.
Can't wait for CC2!
About that release date...Martin...Bueller...anyone?

Aug 07, 2009, 06:32

popeye
78 posts

i hope you dont think of me as an ass but what does it mean by the "deconstructed" motown sound?
you mean they re-arrange motown style into a way that reminds you of motown but not the same or something? i just find the word deconstructed very hard to understand.

i always like this album since it came out. my top songs are fractal dream, neon beanbag, silver sand, magne music, chemical chord and self portrait, and then the rest. especially neon and silver sand, always gives me that rush of hope and urge to work hard.

Aug 07, 2009, 09:22

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index