Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
You Tweeners
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Re: You Tweeners

lique wrote:
And it is a lot better than Fab Four Sutre.

Agreed!

Aug 07, 2009, 13:48

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

popeye wrote:
i hope you dont think of me as an ass but what does it mean by the "deconstructed" motown sound?
you mean they re-arrange motown style into a way that reminds you of motown but not the same or something? i just find the word deconstructed very hard to understand..

I'm probably misusing the word. Like you said, just meant that on their most recent records Stereolab (and the High Llamas) seemed to reduce the classic Motown/girl-group sound down to the individual parts and elements and then rearrange these pieces back into a different combination that somehow sounds very familiar, yet completely new and modern at the same time. "3 Women" is a great example. I'm surprised at the lack of love for that song. I think it is great; one of the bands best singles (Chemical Chords' own little Miss Modular).
BTW, I can't tell if you are making a great joke at my expense, or being serious when you say that the word deconstruction is a hard word to understand. I believe in one of its original meanings, the word "deconstruction" is a philosophical term integral to the idea that text, when broken into its individual words and symbols, may be shown to have no precise meaning at all. We should ask Slushy.

Aug 07, 2009, 17:58

whisperscream
whisperscream
174 posts

CC is great as a backdrop by osmosis to whatever I am doing, it transfers so much energy!

I get s y n e r g i z e d!

love.peace.out.//////////////////////////W

Aug 07, 2009, 23:38

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

I'll probably try to get into CC more again at some later time. I like some of it, but don't listen to it much compared with the rest, even though I really enjoyed most of it live.

Aug 08, 2009, 03:40

lique
lique
517 posts

Well one thing I feel is true about stereolab albums is the arrangements take time to "Pop" out of the mix and grow familiar. At first listen you can only hear songs one way, but over time there are things buried in the song that start to come out more. For me I noticed with Chemical Chords just how many string and horn arrangements there are. They are on almost every song and they really make the album that much stronger. Tim Gane is a masterful composer and his tastes come across and becomes enhanced by the groop. At first I was disappointed by the record. A year later, I can't help but enjoy it because it is good!

Aug 08, 2009, 04:18

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

I don't listen to CC that much. Listen mostly AT and OOTAS now days. I'll give it a go. Hey man, get a new avatar.

Thanx.

Aug 08, 2009, 06:57

lique
lique
517 posts

I'll tell you what you can do with your politically correct hypersensitivity. The avatar stays.

Aug 08, 2009, 19:37

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

uh

It's not political-correctness, I just think it displays a lack of good manners in having the word "homo" on it. That's all.

Anybody reading the forum will (quite reasonably) think you are a twat, even before reading your posts.

Aug 08, 2009, 23:14

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: uh

I find the word twat offensive.

Aug 09, 2009, 02:03

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

I think I'm clueless about your avatar, who is that dude? And why is he saying that?

Aug 09, 2009, 03:28

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index