Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Unfinished Business
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Unfinished Business

In my quest for new music ( or old music I havenít heard) I have accumulated a lengthy list of artists from sources I donít remember that I still need to listen to. Would any of you guys like to comment on any of these? Thanks.

Jakarta Skyscraper
Kynduvme
Anthony Rochester
Modular
Lumenty
Le Futur Pompiste
Shimura Curves
Watoo Watoo
Rarebird
D. Knouse
Sufjan Stevens
Ani DiFranco
Hitchcock & The Eygyptians
Robyn
Mercury Rev
Plain White Tees
Aqualung
Cevit
Pop Levi
10 Stones
Hot Chip
Woven Hand
Andrew Pekler
Shirley Collins
Scott Walker
King Diamond
Snowman
Teenage Fanclub & Jad Fair

Aug 10, 2009, 17:04

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Unfinished Business

I want to buy sufjan stevens. but I haven't gotten into it yet. afraid of disappointment.

Aug 10, 2009, 17:28

mellotron
mellotron
154 posts

The only Sufjan Stevens album I've heard in its entirety is "Illinois" and it's really good. Really lush instrumentation and arrangements, if you're into that sort of thing.

King Diamond? Really? Sure you're not thinking of King Crimson?

Aug 10, 2009, 17:54

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Le Futur Pompiste and Modular sound like Stereolab knockoff bands, if that's what you're into.

Aug 10, 2009, 18:08

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

King Diamond must have been on the list my son gave me. Might be some more heavy metal on this list.

I have the album "In The Court of The Crimson King".It was most certainly a landmark progressive rock album!!

Aug 10, 2009, 18:13

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

I could use a NEW band that sounds like Stereolab IF it is all original music.

Aug 10, 2009, 18:21

revox
revox
800 posts

xperceptor wrote:
In my quest for new music ( or old music I havenít heard) I have accumulated a lengthy list of artists from sources I donít remember that I still need to listen to. Would any of you guys like to comment on any of these? Thanks.

Not wishing to hog the scene, I'll choose Ani Di Franco. A feisty performer, I made a beeline for her set at the Phoenix Festival (the one that Ver Lab played) in '95, I think, I'd got her Puddle Dive album in '93. She recently got married but there were quite a few beefy dykes at the front of the stage back then that I had to cross pheromones with to 'earn my place and right' in the presence of queen Ani - it was worth it. Such a tiny lady but the energy, fire and intelligent anti-establishment attitude must have blown right out of the tent and into Shakespeare city. Do some research on her, she's a remarkable human being, a terrific songwriter and performer and I'd fancy her if she were a cross-dressing vegetarian thai transexual- ooh mamma.

~8^)>

Aug 10, 2009, 18:58

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

xperceptor wrote:
I could use a NEW band that sounds like Stereolab IF it is all original music.

Yea, that's what you're getting with those two bands.

Aug 10, 2009, 19:47

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Oy!

Robyn Hitchcock is brilliant--Syd Barrett meets Andy Partridge--though quite effusive in his output, which can be frustrating for one looking to work back through his collection. There are a few other Robyn Hitchcock fans here.

Maybe we should start a separate thread to help you get to the bottom of where best to begin your journey into his mad world.

Aug 10, 2009, 19:51

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Delightful. And we need more artists who can generate that much energy with an acoustic guitar. I watched her interview on YT just now and she glows!

Aug 10, 2009, 19:56

Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index