Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Why does music so often divide the sexes?
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

Re: Why does music so often divide the sexes?

I was going to say more, but I agree that leisure time compatibility is very important.

Oct 17, 2008, 18:10

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

I think it's important that musical tastes for the most part be in the same ballpark. For instance, if my significant other listened to rap, country or top 40 constantly, I wouldn't be able to find peace of mind. My wife and like most of each other's music, but it's not important for us to agree on everything. It's also good not to be judgmental about what others enjoy.

Oct 17, 2008, 18:17

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

I don't think I'm going to pursue a long term commitment until I find a female who is compatible with me both intellectually and emotionally. Whenever that happens, is anybody's guess.

Oct 17, 2008, 18:25

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

Yah, The Knife videos are among the best around. Sweden's still got it!

Oct 17, 2008, 18:57

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

These are some pretty lame chicks. It's funny, two of my best friends I feel moved to constantly compliment on their musical taste, and in both cases, they like more straight forward rock and heavier guitar than I usually do. And I like a lot of stuff that would be seen as "girly", Tori Amos and Kate Bush.

I think the music you listen to is more of a socio-economic thing. Everybody who goes to a liberal arts college and is some sort of humanities major listens to indie rock (or undie rap). We sort of make it our business to be musical connesieurs.

Business majors and people who are into sports or whatever are usually less critical of music, they're busy doing stuff and getting laid, and so often will enjoy crap.

Oct 17, 2008, 19:35

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

9 years ago when my girlfriend and I met we had many similar musical connections. Now, we don't! My ipod (around 2000 songs) is a mystery to her. Of course we still share a love of music - just different bands. And we still love going to gigs.

We are bound closer than ever though - by our child and mortgage :]

Oct 17, 2008, 20:32

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

meanchico wrote:
It's certainly never easy with same sex couples either. I can vouch for that!

I second that motion and high five you.

Is is pronounced CHEEKO or is like french: 'sheek-oh'.

i'm guessing the latter.

Oct 18, 2008, 02:13

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

DevastatorJr. wrote:

Business majors and people who are into sports or whatever are usually less critical of music, they're busy doing stuff and getting laid, and so often will enjoy crap.
lol, stereotype, but still... hehehe

Oct 18, 2008, 02:53

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

There's no need to pretend we don't know when we do. ;)

Oct 18, 2008, 12:54

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

emo is as annoying as annoying is to down feathers

Oct 18, 2008, 18:08

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index