Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Martin, Doom! It's Seven O'Clock...
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Re: Martin, D O O M

Aug 27, 2009, 23:20

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Re: Martin, Doom! It's Seven O'Clock...

Martin,

Excuse me for butting in, but these folks on the forum are different from the general public who purchase Stereolab products. They have faithfully been here on the forum for years and every day loving Stereolab. They deserve some sort of response even if the response isnít necessarily what they want to hear. Well, thatís my opinion for what itís worth. Oh, and so that whisperscream doesnít say that stuff again.

Sincerely,
xp

Aug 27, 2009, 23:49

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

xperceptor wrote:
Martin,

Excuse me for butting in, but these folks on the forum are different from the general public who purchase Stereolab products. They have faithfully been here on the forum for years and every day loving Stereolab. They deserve some sort of response even if the response isnít necessarily what they want to hear. Well, thatís my opinion for what itís worth. Oh, and so that whisperscream doesnít say that stuff again.

Sincerely,
xp

You heard him, Martin; what's it gonna be? I've got Shatner on stand-by, ready to belt out Slushy's greatest hits one syllable at a time. The John Cusack boombox has 8 fresh D batteries, and the bad Phil Collins music is cued up.
You won't like us entitled pop elitists when we're angry.
And nobody wants to picture Whisperscream with chaw in her jaw...

Aug 28, 2009, 00:09

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

c in dc wrote:
You won't like us entitled pop elitists when we're angry.

Aug 28, 2009, 00:21

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Aug 28, 2009, 00:22

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

That is perfect.

Aug 28, 2009, 00:47

Boppawombat Returns
35 posts

GaryB wrote:
wracket wrote:
The only album I own (I think...a lot of my stuff is in storage at my parents', so sometimes I lose track of my collection) of theirs is Wake Up, and I remember liking it quite a bit. Maybe I should dive deeper into their output...

You can go either way. I prefer the later stuff (C'Mon Kids especially), but most people like the earlier stuff better. The fairly recent 2CD Best Of (Find The Way Out) might be a good place to go.

I'm so glad that this thread has veered into a Boo Radleys appreciation thread. I could go on forever extolling the virtues of this lot, cos they were simply one of my fave bands of the 90s - ever. I loved them from 1992's Creation Records debut "Everything's Alright Forever" right to their sad untimely demise after "Kingsize". I got into them because they were co-headlining with Pale Saints at the time - another great shoegazey band of post-MBV vintage.

The Boos were very eclectic and diverse in their styles. Very few bands could touch them at the time for sheer inventiveness and magpie charm. Their music incorporated so many wildly differing / contrasting influences: Arthur Lee's Love, the Beatles, MBV, Dinosaur Jr, New Order, Sixties beatpop / Merseybeat, Stax, Motown, Simon and Garfunkel, Dylan, The Who, Chili Peppers, Metal, Industrial, Electronic, Folk, Psychedelic, 60s garage, Dance...... you name it, they incorporated elements of it into their audacious albums such as Giant Steps and C'mon Kids in particular. You really couldn't put them in any pigeonhole and that's why I loved them so much.

Aug 28, 2009, 01:01

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

We want our CC2 and we want it soon.
They've already pulled this hiatus crap on us and unless someone has a doctors note it's inexcusable.
We want CC2 and we want it soon. We demand it, that's right demand it. If you don't release it I'll form a team and I'll come and steal it. LET'S GO STEAL IT FROM THEM! It is recorded, say what, ? well I'll just go to france and take it.

Aug 28, 2009, 02:38

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

I'll kick down the door like this hhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh, then I'll bum rush the place and ransack it. I'll take everything. You won't even know what hit ya. Then I'll demand an orgy and I'll take pictures. screw all this John Cusack polite gunnesax commercial.

Aug 28, 2009, 02:44

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

eh eh eh
I feel like the incredible Hulk when another song comes over me , this one , uh wait a minute , I'm feeling hardcore rap yes it's about taking command of a post which has been abandoned and pilfering it. I feel like a viking or a pirate. uh, give me a second. Is this thing on, check check, uh yo yo yo ...(I feel a remix)

Aug 28, 2009, 02:48

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index