Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Yo La Tengo sucks beyond words
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mozart Breath
Mozart Breath
165 posts

Re: Yo La Tengo sucks beyond words

I happen to love Mozart, he's one of my favorites.

Sep 02, 2009, 04:32

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

no. he's so predictable. it's always the next logical. he's too studied. it's genuis in the sense that it's logical. but it bores me. not exciting.

Sep 02, 2009, 04:45

vivakomeda
746 posts

MB's opinion might be crude but it's not completely off base. In my opinion, YLT make decent records but are a dull and slightly messy live act.

Points for the band name though - truly original and helps maximise the indie cred.

Sep 02, 2009, 05:41

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: Yo La Tengo rocks beyond words

I love Yo La Tengo. Only seen them once but have tickets for my second show in November. Yay!

I find them very melodic. Female drummers are cool.

Sep 02, 2009, 09:16

mikka000
1083 posts

aw that's harsh. hehe but i understand what you mean by cowardly. there is a wuss factor to them. that's why i'm not really into their post 2000 output. it's really effete sounding. but my god they rocked in the 90s.

Sep 02, 2009, 11:06

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Are you all gone mad?
YO LA TENGO are one of the very few great indie bands that are still going strong. I actually prefer their output of the last 10 years!
AND THEN NOTHING... is a masterpiece and even the one after, SUMMER SUN, is truly lovely.
I saw one of their gigs once and I think they are excellent even live.

Sep 02, 2009, 12:18

DevastatorJr.
DevastatorJr.
961 posts

I do think Yo La Tengo are rather bland, but hey, it's better than Jet or Nickelback.

And I always loved Tom Courtenay and Moby Octopod or whatever.

Sep 02, 2009, 15:54

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

velvetwater wrote:
Are you all gone mad?
YO LA TENGO are one of the very few great indie bands that are still going strong. I actually prefer their output of the last 10 years!
AND THEN NOTHING... is a masterpiece and even the one after, SUMMER SUN, is truly lovely.
I saw one of their gigs once and I think they are excellent even live.

WELL SAID :)

Sep 02, 2009, 19:34

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

I've kind of lost interest in YLT.

Sep 02, 2009, 19:48

lique
lique
517 posts

Re: Yo La Tengo has sold more records than I ever will in my entire life!

Your music really sucks! That shit won't get you any pussy my boy.

Sep 02, 2009, 20:40

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index