Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
stereolab themed tattoo
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

mikka000
1083 posts

stereolab themed tattoo

if you were to get a stereolab-themed tattoo, what would you get? cliff (if so in which 'mode'), the ETK spiral, a dots and loops modular design etc etc

Oct 19, 2008, 00:48

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

Re: stereolab themed tattoo

nothing

never

no way

no how

not in a million years.

not negotiable.

Uh-uh, no.

period.

Oct 19, 2008, 05:28

TheMondayMan
1 posts

I've considered two separate Stereolab tattoos (didn't get 'em though):

The Sound-Dust castle

and

The Free Witch and No-Bra Queen eyeless woman

Hmm, I still like the Free Witch one . . .

Oct 19, 2008, 06:09

alex ape
alex ape
24 posts

i've had cliff with gun for about six months now, love it! would get another stereolab one but still thinking what it could be.

Oct 19, 2008, 06:51

wracket
wracket
1425 posts

I would have a small section of my arm tattooed to look exactly like the corresponding section of Tim's arm.

Oct 19, 2008, 10:33

waxenpith
waxenpith
1529 posts

just an idea, as previously stated i am against band tatoos but .

Cobra arm band? the three little 'people' with the 'smoke' going all the way around. it would be a good one for cheeso since he loves that album so much.

Oct 19, 2008, 15:46

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

I have vowed to get a tattoo soon. I was thinking of a line of text on my forearm. I could maybe get the text in a Stereolab 'font'?! I was going to do something entirely unoriginal (although very Scottish) and pay tribute to the love I have for my daughter.

Oct 19, 2008, 19:54

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

mikka, I presume you have 'INXS' self-tattoed on your wrist? haha :]

My mate (in Brisbane) has C.F.C. indian-inked onto his wrist. It looks terrible. It stands for Celtic Football Club. He regrets it, not least because all the pome/pommy English dudes out there think it stands for Chelsea!

Oct 19, 2008, 19:58

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

I can't really think of many Stereolab images that I like enough. I sometimes like the style, especially the lettering, but not when you look at it as something to carry around with you forever. I would say maybe one of the designs from Dots, maybe this one.
img src="http://www.stereolab.co.uk/media/LP/77/77LPRE51.jpg" />

I do like the back of Rose my Rocket Brain but eh.
img scr="http://www.stereolab.co.uk/media/SINGLE/136/136SIRE21.jpg"/>

The thing that would stop me the most is that it would have to be an image representing the sounds I like best about stereolab, and maybe lyrics that would be meaningful too. That of course would be too hard to sync up. Plus I'll never get a tattoo... A temporary tattoo though would be fun, I used to do those on people, I had the temptu paint. And made some chump change painting on people eons ago.

Oct 19, 2008, 21:40

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5915 posts

damn, I'm not getting the code right, what did I do wrong?

Oct 19, 2008, 21:40

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index