Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab origins
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

Re: Stereolab origins

palinuro wrote:

First 3 seconds = Interlock

Yup good job. Our friend perky on the green screen sent us a northern soul comp long ago with that one.

Sep 16, 2009, 08:14

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

Booklover wrote:
and I'm still thinking that one goes for Miss Modular

check out on 5:31, same chords, same beat, same bass line structure

Yes, and earlier in the song the strings sound like something on Tim's soundtrack album (not surprising), but I would have to listen for direct comparison.

Sep 16, 2009, 08:21

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

I love how my stupid little videos have inspired so much listening... Booklover has pointed out some great ones for sure. I get emails all the time with "references," usually ones that I've already pointed out.

Here's one- anyone notice how much the beginning of Contranatura sounds like the organ swells all over the Soft Machine's Third LP?

I'm working on another part, so in addition to what's here, post what you've got! I'll give all credit where it's due...

Sep 16, 2009, 20:35

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

seems u missed some from Simon's show
Hope you'll add some of those too:

http://tightenuponacikradyo.blogspot.com/2009/09/ive-been-wanting-to-make-this-weeks.html

Sep 16, 2009, 22:36

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

Booklover wrote:
seems u missed some from Simon's show

ha! i didn't miss as much as he ripped off from me...

i disagree about nirvana, but i'll check out "you're gonna make me love you".

Sep 17, 2009, 00:31

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

whoah!

wtf, that's the actual simon from stereolab?!?

i guess i was right about some of these... and totally wrong about nirvana (uk). i admit it!

Sep 17, 2009, 00:33

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

I don't get that nirvana song
on which track was it used? I can't figure out

Sep 17, 2009, 01:43

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

lol

Sep 17, 2009, 01:45

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

You might recognize this intro:

Sep 17, 2009, 02:13

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

Booklover wrote:
I don't get that nirvana song
on which track was it used? I can't figure out

My "sources" have said it sounds like it was sampled in "Kybernetika Babicka"...

Sep 17, 2009, 05:19

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index