Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab origins
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

Re: Stereolab origins

yeah, well, that was the first I thought about, just needed some confirmation

=P

Sep 17, 2009, 15:02

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

hm, no ^_^

Sep 17, 2009, 15:04

Booklover
Booklover
680 posts

and what about chico buarque one? i don't have a guess

Sep 17, 2009, 15:07

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

Booklover wrote:
and what about chico buarque one? i don't have a guess

I pointed out in one of the earlier "Stereolab Origins" that the vocal melody of "Les Yper-Sound" is very very similar to "Passaredo".

That said, I much prefer his Construção LP to Meus Caros Amigos LP, from where this song was taken...

Sep 17, 2009, 15:36

Yorkiller
86 posts

it sounds like Beck's readymade (the saxophone or stuff like that)
Don't know if you see what I'm talking about

Sep 17, 2009, 22:23

Yorkiller
86 posts

For the intro, maybe Outer Bongolia?

Sep 17, 2009, 22:37

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

'Tis a match to me! Factor in the album contains the track title "Samba De Uma Nota So" and it becomes even more damning...

Sep 17, 2009, 23:27

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

what about this gruitar riff = ping pong

Sep 25, 2009, 01:39

palinuro
palinuro
182 posts

"guitar" riff. sorry

Sep 25, 2009, 01:41

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

palinuro wrote:
"guitar" riff. sorry

Tim Gane, ready-steady-go (1994):

"I bought a lot of 5th Dimension records when we were last in America in October with Unrest. I bought about 160 records, albums, CD's etc. Mostly very cheap and I bought a lot of 5th Dimension. I have listened to these records and I think they make really great records. The Ping Pong single was inspired by the 5th Dimension song, Up, Up and Away. This was the last song written on the LP. I felt the LP as it existed lacked one element and that was a kind of warm pop song and so I did this song in a loose and groovy feel. When this came out it different but interesting. I do not feel the music we do is anything like Jim Webb, I just appreciate good music and ideas."

Sep 25, 2009, 16:07

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index