Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab origins
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: Stereolab origins

Not really. Some of those youtube clips are hit and miss, too.

Nov 22, 2009, 17:12

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

seveninches
seveninches
95 posts

wow, i hear that too. from 3:25-3:45 bears an uncanny resembles to black ants from 0:13-0:32 or so.

given the date, there's no doubt tim could have seen this, but has he ever mentioned the bbc radiophonic workshop or delia derbyshire before? that's more broadcast territory...

Nov 22, 2009, 20:12

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5922 posts

It does sound a lot like that part of black ants, and doesn't it stop and switch gears after that part too? I'd have to listen to remember.

Nov 22, 2009, 20:21

labadore
labadore
88 posts

This is rather disquieting at first, but after all these years of music how can you not sound like something else somewhere in time? Just for the fun of it I'm going to look for a Stereolab song that has a similar sound from this song. Be back later.

Dec 07, 2009, 01:43

popeye
78 posts

Watch Un chien andalou (1929) in Entertainment  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

don't know if this counts or have mentioned but starting at 4:27 it reminds me of part of the narco martenot(starting at 3:20) a lot.

Mar 02, 2010, 01:15

popeye
78 posts

sorry i meant starting at 1:03 of narco martenot.

Mar 02, 2010, 01:19

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Time to resuscitate the topic.

Has anyone ever noticed that "I'm Going Out of My Way" sounds like it's copped from "It's All Too Much" by none other than the Fab Four themselves? And I was not sure if the Groop had ever been influenced by the Beatles. But apparently "Going Out of My Way" is really redolent of this underrated George Harrison song with its organ riff and even the vocal melody is somewhat similar.

Sep 22, 2011, 00:03

velvetwater
velvetwater
835 posts

Well spotted!
I don't know, me being a great Beatles fan, why I had never noticed this before.

Sep 22, 2011, 00:54

matthew6
matthew6
1897 posts

labadore wrote:
This is rather disquieting at first, but after all these years of music how can you not sound like something else somewhere in time? Just for the fun of it I'm going to look for a Stereolab song that has a similar sound from this song. Be back later.

Bop Scotch

Sep 22, 2011, 00:57

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

It's been mentioned before, and I could be mistaken, but the cassette version of Transient had a George Harrison sample on it, but it was removed from the other versions because of clearance issues, I think...maybe the sample was for another song?

Sep 22, 2011, 00:58

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index