Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stereolab origins
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Re: Stereolab origins

Also, regarding the Beatles influence, I read an interview with Tim where he said used a Rickenbacker guitar because of the Beatles.

Sep 22, 2011, 01:07

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Stereo Mouse
Stereo Mouse
635 posts

Cheeso wrote:
maybe the sample was for another song?

Possibly "Pack Yr Romantic Mind".

Sep 22, 2011, 09:11

Harold Bissonette
Harold Bissonette
2062 posts

Um, sorry, but the cheesy horns at the end of Space Moth always remind me of this:

Sep 22, 2011, 12:27

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Do you know what Harrison song was sampled?

Sep 22, 2011, 17:33

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Harold Bissonette wrote:
Um, sorry, but the cheesy horns at the end of Space Moth always remind me of this:

I'm not feeling that. maybe a particle. but I disagree

Sep 22, 2011, 18:29

Kazak
Kazak
1618 posts

Probably discussed, but I happened to catch The Omega Man (1971) staring Charlton Heston and instantly recognized a certain similarity in the score to a certain, erm, melodie you're likely familiar with...

Jan 07, 2017, 04:38

matthew6
matthew6
1901 posts

Jan 07, 2017, 13:59

Cosmos Twins
Cosmos Twins
147 posts

Oh my! Good spot!

Didn't know this wonderful song but that's quite brazen even by Tim's history of 'borrowing'. Shame in some ways as Bop Scotch was always one of my favourites and with it's brevity and energy always stood out for me a little bit in their later canon. But who am I kidding, eh?!

CT

Jan 10, 2017, 13:48

jeff w
jeff w
684 posts

Not exactly the same (different tempo for one thing) but I was struck last night by some similarities between this:

and

(the chords and instrumentation mainly)

Aug 08, 2017, 17:18

deadlyfingers
deadlyfingers
1223 posts

Some overall aesthetic similarities here:

Aug 13, 2017, 07:46

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index