Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Jesus
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lique
lique
517 posts

Jesus

Anybody like the guy? I mean, I doubt he ever existed seeing as how his myth parallels others. But the odds of him being white with blue eyes and and a nice beard just don't strike me as obvious. I think the Romans did the right thing.

Sep 17, 2009, 05:52


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

Re: Jesus

lique wrote:
I mean, I doubt he ever existed seeing as how his myth parallels others. I think the Romans did the right thing.


So, the Romans did the right thing with a non-existent being, how does that work again?

~8^)>

Sep 17, 2009, 09:41


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Re: Jesus

lique wrote:
Anybody like the guy? I mean, I doubt he ever existed seeing as how his myth parallels others. But the odds of him being white with blue eyes and and a nice beard just don't strike me as obvious. I think the Romans did the right thing.


For what it's worth I think as long we do not know what WAS prior to the big bang and what lies out there in infinity then we should not discount the existance of God.

Regarding Jesus,I think he was Jewish with a middle eastern appearance given the time and location of the writings of the Bible.Whether he was actually the son of God remains in skepticism, but his presence was documented in the Bible.

It has been said that,and I'm not trying to be funny, there was a hallucinogenic plant growing in the middle east at the time of the biblical writings. The writers of the Bible were tripping when they wrote of the accounts of the miracles being performed by Jesus.

Sep 17, 2009, 17:22


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Jesus

xperceptor wrote:
The writers of the Bible were tripping when they wrote of the accounts of the miracles being performed by Jesus.


That makes sense. My buddy Joe performed a few miracles in college while we were on LSD.

Sep 17, 2009, 17:24


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Jesus

xperceptor wrote:
For what it's worth I think as long we do not know what WAS prior to the big bang and what lies out there in infinity then we should not discount the existance of God.

Regarding Jesus,I think he was Jewish with a middle eastern appearance given the time and location of the writings of the Bible.Whether he was actually the son of God remains in skepticism, but his presence was documented in the Bible.

It has been said that,and I'm not trying to be funny, there was a hallucinogenic plant growing in the middle east at the time of the biblical writings. The writers of the Bible were tripping when they wrote of the accounts of the miracles being performed by Jesus.


I don't agree with your first paragraph. The burden is to prove there could be something since there's never been any evidence other than heresay. Simply not being able to explain something isn't reason enough to think that some magical/mystical force may be the explanation. Look at history, they used to think an eclipse was a dragon swalling the sun because they sure as hell couldn't imagine any other reason before science explained it for everybody. It's only a matter of time before everything can be explained somehow. Even the very un-scientific Ghost Hunters has been able to explain away and disprove many ghost stories.

I've also heard descriptions of Jesus as having brown skin, middle-eastern appearance, Jewish, etc, but I've also heard that there were at least a couple dozen "prophets" around the same time as Jesus that were fulfilling the same prophesies, such as turning water into wine, walking on the water, healing people, etc... for some reason, Jesus is the one who lasted although it could have easily been one of the others who went down in history by sheer luck of circumstances.

The hallucinogenic plants of that time do explain a lot of it, as well. Watch Monty Python's Life of Brian to imagine how the rest of it probably happened. :)

Also, keep in mind that the bible wasn't written during that time. It was written mostly by different people at least a generation or two after it allegedly happened. Why are people so trusting in what other people wrote so many years ago when so little was known... they probably weren't even aware that the plants made them hallucinate, much less knowing that they could have been going insane from mercury or other poisoning as well.

Regardless, the bible isn't completely worthless, there's some good life lessons to be learned in it, but other parts of it are complete rubbish as well.

Sep 17, 2009, 17:42


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Re: Jesus

Labhead wrote:

I don't agree with your first paragraph. The burden is to prove there could be something since there's never been any evidence other than heresay. Simply not being able to explain something isn't reason enough to think that some magical/mystical force may be the explanation. Look at history, they used to think an eclipse was a dragon swalling the sun because they sure as hell couldn't imagine any other reason before science explained it for everybody. It's only a matter of time before everything can be explained somehow. Even the very un-scientific Ghost Hunters has been able to explain away and disprove many ghost stories.



There is "something else" other than the alleged magical mystical forces that theolgians write about and the forces that have been explained by science. That "something" is not going to be explained any time soon given our current mind set. Perhaps humans have not evolved to a point of being able to understand. Given infinity it may well be a very long time. If the beginning of the beginning of all things does not exist then it has to be a circle. Right?

Sep 17, 2009, 18:28


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Re: Jesus

Perhaps mirtchevman's philosophy of mathmatics has some clues or otherwise some mind expansion.

Sep 17, 2009, 18:36


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Re: Jesus

xperceptor wrote:


There is "something else" other than the alleged magical mystical forces that theolgians write about and the forces that have been explained by science. That "something" is not going to be explained any time soon given our current mind set. Perhaps humans have not evolved to a point of being able to understand. Given infinity it may well be a very long time. If the beginning of the beginning of all things does not exist then it has to be a circle. Right?



Jeez, you are making me dizzy. Let's party instead.

Sep 17, 2009, 18:42


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Re: Jesus

jauntymonty wrote:
xperceptor wrote:


There is "something else" other than the alleged magical mystical forces that theolgians write about and the forces that have been explained by science. That "something" is not going to be explained any time soon given our current mind set. Perhaps humans have not evolved to a point of being able to understand. Given infinity it may well be a very long time. If the beginning of the beginning of all things does not exist then it has to be a circle. Right?



Jeez, you are making me dizzy. Let's party instead.


heh, heh. You know actually that would help with some mind expansion.

Sep 17, 2009, 18:48


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Jesus

xperceptor wrote:
[quote="Labhead"] If the beginning of the beginning of all things does not exist then it has to be a circle. Right?


Yes, that's why one theory is that the universe may somehow constrict and compact again in the DISTANT future and cause another big bang, only to happen all over again with a new universe. Wash/Rinse/Repeat.

I can't remember what the last scientific discovery was... whether the universe is slowing in its expansion, or if it's gaining speed with expansion.

Sep 17, 2009, 18:53

Pages: 7 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index