Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Jesus
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Re: Jesus

lique wrote:
I mean, I doubt he ever existed seeing as how his myth parallels others. But the odds of him being white with blue eyes and and a nice beard just don't strike me as obvious.


Are we talking about Jesus or Martin?
Neither one answers our prayers.

Sep 17, 2009, 20:02


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

xperceptor
xperceptor
337 posts

Re: Jesus

A lyric from Dark Side Of the Moon "it is all dark really"
was not necessarily an unintended percurser to the dark matter theory that scientists are hanging their hats on now days. Scientists now generally theorize the universe to be expanding at an accelerated rate due to observations made that the dark matter of the universe is becoming less dense at an exponential rate.The Open Universe theory says that as long as the universe is expanding then it will do so forever and future compression and big bangs would not occur. This is due to the presence of dark energy which is a negative pressure in the universe resulting in space becoming less dense as it expands. The Closed Universe theory says that the universe is finite and the expansion will eventually cease due to a lack of dark energy where the immense gravity will eventually cause the universe will contract and collapse and explode with a new big bang. Scientists generally believe the universe to be expanding at an accelerated rate due to observations of far galaxies made in the late 90s that make them believe the dark matter is becoming less dense. Itís all about the theory of the dark matter that every heavenly body or gaseous entity is moving in. It is all dark, really!

Sep 17, 2009, 20:09


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Re: Jesus

c in dc wrote:
lique wrote:
I mean, I doubt he ever existed seeing as how his myth parallels others. But the odds of him being white with blue eyes and and a nice beard just don't strike me as obvious.


Are we talking about Jesus or Martin?
Neither one answers our prayers.


And, both are on hiatus.

Sep 17, 2009, 20:59


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Jesus

I like him.

Sep 17, 2009, 23:54


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lique
lique
517 posts

Re: Jesus

Well since we are about coming to the end of the age of Pieces what happens next? What's the next fad in aeons?

Sep 18, 2009, 04:59


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

lereostab
lereostab
984 posts

Re: Jesus

lique wrote:
Anybody like the guy? I mean, I doubt he ever existed seeing as how his myth parallels others. But the odds of him being white with blue eyes and and a nice beard just don't strike me as obvious. I think the Romans did the right thing.


What are you all talking about? Not one of you has come from the perspective of faith, you talk about science as if the scientific process is faultless,"big bang, evolution" and the like are all just theories none of them are 100% correct and any true scientist will gladly concede this point.
As Jesus is being discussed, how about looking into some of the things he said and maybe trying them out, i.e. "Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find" if you are really looking for the answers to life, death, and more then how about looking with a sincere heart and exercising just a small amount of faith and asking God to show you the truth about Jesus. Please stop mocking what you don't understand yet,kind regards to you all, Lereostab.

Sep 18, 2009, 11:56


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Jesus

lereostab wrote:
lique wrote:
Anybody like the guy? I mean, I doubt he ever existed seeing as how his myth parallels others. But the odds of him being white with blue eyes and and a nice beard just don't strike me as obvious. I think the Romans did the right thing.


What are you all talking about? Not one of you has come from the perspective of faith, you talk about science as if the scientific process is faultless,"big bang, evolution" and the like are all just theories none of them are 100% correct and any true scientist will gladly concede this point.
As Jesus is being discussed, how about looking into some of the things he said and maybe trying them out, i.e. "Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find" if you are really looking for the answers to life, death, and more then how about looking with a sincere heart and exercising just a small amount of faith and asking God to show you the truth about Jesus. Please stop mocking what you don't understand yet,kind regards to you all, Lereostab.


You say science is a bunch of theories that are unproven, and then say we need to have "faith" in your religion. Contradiction.

Sep 18, 2009, 14:02


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Jesus

lique wrote:
Well since we are about coming to the end of the age of Pieces what happens next? What's the next fad in aeons?


We are already in the new age. The Age of Aquarius.

Pisces was the age the warring brothers, the age of institutions. Aquarius is the age of groups and interconnectedness (note the Internet).

According to C. G. Jung in his book, Aion, the lesson we must learn in the Aquarian age is that of the nature and function of evil.

Pisces the fish being the symbol of Christ, it was posited in the last age that Christ was all good.

But we know that everything has its shadow. So, Aquarius is the age of the shadow Christ, the Antichrist. We must synthesize the opposites in the mass consciousness, to bring about the brotherhood of man.

Sep 18, 2009, 15:30


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

revox
revox
800 posts

Re: Jesus

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
We must synthesize the opposites in the mass consciousness, to bring about the brotherhood of man.



Oh no, does this mean that we are all going to be subject to Save Your Kisses For Me on repeat play to achieve true salvation!? Run away, run away aahhhhgghhhhh.

~8^)>

Sep 18, 2009, 17:14


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Jesus

lereostab wrote:
What are you all talking about? Not one of you has come from the perspective of faith, you talk about science as if the scientific process is faultless,"big bang, evolution" and the like are all just theories none of them are 100% correct and any true scientist will gladly concede this point.
As Jesus is being discussed, how about looking into some of the things he said and maybe trying them out, i.e. "Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find" if you are really looking for the answers to life, death, and more then how about looking with a sincere heart and exercising just a small amount of faith and asking God to show you the truth about Jesus. Please stop mocking what you don't understand yet,kind regards to you all, Lereostab.


You know, gravity is "just a theory" as well. Seriously. :)

I tend to believe things that can be proven much more than something that has to be "just believed" with a thousand variations that nobody can agree on, based on super-old faulty human information.

I went to church as a youngster and I tried looking for god and praying... I never felt or saw a god-damned thing in all my years. I finally realized it was useless for me.

Sep 18, 2009, 17:16

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index