Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Jesus
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Jesus

Mars Rover wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
lereostab wrote:

What are you all talking about? Not one of you has come from the perspective of faith, you talk about science as if the scientific process is faultless,"big bang, evolution" and the like are all just theories none of them are 100% correct and any true scientist will gladly concede this point.
As Jesus is being discussed, how about looking into some of the things he said and maybe trying them out, i.e. "Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find" if you are really looking for the answers to life, death, and more then how about looking with a sincere heart and exercising just a small amount of faith and asking God to show you the truth about Jesus. Please stop mocking what you don't understand yet,kind regards to you all, Lereostab.


This is always an interesting debate, which goes nowhere, the reason being that those people on either sides of the debate have differing ways of approaching the universe.

People who replace God with science refuse to see that certain things accepted as "facts" a few hundred years ago have been replaced with new facts. They also refuse to accept that some things could be true without being objectively proven. The reason for this is they are always looking outside of themselves instead of looking for universe within themselves.



Your first paragraph is absolutely accurate, your second is using a very broad brush. i am a person without religion. i accept that science has changed over time and will continue to teach us new things. i believe there are universes within ourselves, but that they are creations of the highly evolved human imagination.


My brush may be broad, but I feel I have still painted you accurately. If you are looking objectively at your own imagination as an explanation of the universe within yourself, then you are still relying on your own observations and classifications, rather than the life power. It "leap of faith" that allows the spiritual seeker to transcend the mind and feel his connection with the universe on a higher level.

Sep 18, 2009, 20:00


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Jesus

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
lereostab wrote:

What are you all talking about? Not one of you has come from the perspective of faith, you talk about science as if the scientific process is faultless,"big bang, evolution" and the like are all just theories none of them are 100% correct and any true scientist will gladly concede this point.
As Jesus is being discussed, how about looking into some of the things he said and maybe trying them out, i.e. "Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find" if you are really looking for the answers to life, death, and more then how about looking with a sincere heart and exercising just a small amount of faith and asking God to show you the truth about Jesus. Please stop mocking what you don't understand yet,kind regards to you all, Lereostab.


This is always an interesting debate, which goes nowhere, the reason being that those people on either sides of the debate have differing ways of approaching the universe.

People who replace God with science refuse to see that certain things accepted as "facts" a few hundred years ago have been replaced with new facts. They also refuse to accept that some things could be true without being objectively proven. The reason for this is they are always looking outside of themselves instead of looking for universe within themselves.



Your first paragraph is absolutely accurate, your second is using a very broad brush. i am a person without religion. i accept that science has changed over time and will continue to teach us new things. i believe there are universes within ourselves, but that they are creations of the highly evolved human imagination.


My brush may be broad, but I feel I have still painted you accurately. If you are looking objectively at your own imagination as an explanation of the universe within yourself, then you are still relying on your own observations and classifications, rather than the life power. It "leap of faith" that allows the spiritual seeker to transcend the mind and feel his connection with the universe on a higher level.



You are being highly disrespectful and condecending. No wonder church attendence has been dropping for a century.

Sep 18, 2009, 20:15


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Jesus

whisperscream wrote:
When you take the blame for something that a friend did because you would rather feel the pain of the retribution than to see your friend hurt, that was the example that Jesus set. Science cannot replicate that.


That is just being a kind hearted individual. You are placing your own biases on the situation.

Sep 18, 2009, 20:16


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Jesus

Mars Rover wrote:




You are being highly disrespectful and condecending. No wonder church attendence has been dropping for a century. [/quote]

How so? It's obvious to me that you are merely being self-referential. You are saying "the universe inside me is a product of my imagination."

Sep 18, 2009, 20:20


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Jesus

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:




You are being highly disrespectful and condecending. No wonder church attendence has been dropping for a century.


How so? It's obvious to me that you are merely being self-referential. You are saying "the universe inside me is a product of my imagination."[/quote]

By saying:

"It is the "leap of faith" that allows the spiritual seeker to transcend the mind and feel his connection with the universe on a higher level"

You are telling me i am a low-level thinker. i dont think i need to believe in your version of a religion in order to be well connected to the universe. i feel i am very well in-tune with the universe relatively.

Sep 18, 2009, 20:27


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Jesus

Mars Rover wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:




You are being highly disrespectful and condecending. No wonder church attendence has been dropping for a century.


How so? It's obvious to me that you are merely being self-referential. You are saying "the universe inside me is a product of my imagination."


By saying:

"It is the "leap of faith" that allows the spiritual seeker to transcend the mind and feel his connection with the universe on a higher level"

You are telling me i am a low-level thinker. i dont think i need to believe in your version of a religion in order to be well connected to the universe. i feel i am very well in-tune with the universe relatively. [/quote]

I'm not criticizing your intellect any more than I would criticize my own. I am saying that the intellect is a tool and nothing more. It is not to be solely relied on to prove anything. Beyond the powers of reason and observation lie the powers of intuition, and sometimes it is intuition which provides the answers.

Likewise, when you look at your own physical body, you can't rely on your eyes alone and say that your body exists only on one level. We have astral, mental, etheric, and spiritual bodies as well.

Everything exists on more than one level. The many things are one thing.

Sep 18, 2009, 20:31


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mars Rover
Mars Rover
1337 posts

Re: Jesus

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Mars Rover wrote:




You are being highly disrespectful and condecending. No wonder church attendence has been dropping for a century.


How so? It's obvious to me that you are merely being self-referential. You are saying "the universe inside me is a product of my imagination."


By saying:

"It is the "leap of faith" that allows the spiritual seeker to transcend the mind and feel his connection with the universe on a higher level"

You are telling me i am a low-level thinker. i dont think i need to believe in your version of a religion in order to be well connected to the universe. i feel i am very well in-tune with the universe relatively.


I'm not criticizing your intellect any more than I would criticize my own. I am saying that the intellect is a tool and nothing more. It is not to be solely relied on to prove anything. Beyond the powers of reason and observation lie the powers of intuition, and sometimes it is intuition which provides the answers.

Likewise, when you look at your own physical body, you can't rely on your eyes alone and say that your body exists only on one level. We have astral, mental, etheric, and spiritual bodies as well.

Everything exists on more than one level. The many things are one thing.

[/quote]

Yes, i realize all of this LBO, but intuition to me does not equal some religious or spiritual power. i think our brains can create these ideas. Also, you say these things like "we have.... spiritual bodies as well" as if they are proven fact.

and round and round we'll go.

Sep 18, 2009, 20:38


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Jesus

Mars Rover wrote:




Yes, i realize all of this LBO, but intuition to me does not equal some religious or spiritual power. i think our brains can create these ideas. Also, you say these things like "we have.... spiritual bodies as well" as if they are proven fact.

and round and round we'll go. [/quote]

See, you rely on whether or not something is "a proven fact" in order to decide whether you are willing to entertain the notion of its existence.

And while I see intuition as a means of connection with a larger body of knowledge (whether it be Jung's collective unconscious or something of a religious nature), you reduce it to a function of the brain, because of your predilection for making everything a matter of simple physicality.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just illustrating the difference between our approaches to reality (which I posted about above).

Sep 18, 2009, 20:57


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Jesus

An ancient text says "the Tao which is the subject of discussion is not the true Tao."

Maybe we could also say that the intuition which is simply a function of the brain is not a true intuition.

Sep 18, 2009, 20:59


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

whisperscream
whisperscream
174 posts

Re: Jesus

Mars Rover wrote:
whisperscream wrote:
When you take the blame for something that a friend did because you would rather feel the pain of the retribution than to see your friend hurt, that was the example that Jesus set. Science cannot replicate that.


That is just being a kind hearted individual. You are placing your own biases on the situation.




I understand what you mean, but my judgement is not clouded because I use examples from the stories in the Bible to illustrate my points? My decisions in life especially in situations envolving people's feelings are made based upon the teachings of religions whether it be Christianity or Buddhism for that matter. Most other decisions made are based upon my love of science.

Sep 18, 2009, 21:01

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index