Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Jesus
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Re: Jesus

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
What you're not getting is that the Judeo-Christian idea of faith is based on the notion of creation, and of us being co-creators with the Logos (Christ), the divine Word from which all things come. Colonel Sanders had a picture or an idea of a chain of KFC stores in his mind, and he knew what steps to take to allow this picture to manifest on the material plane. Yet, our ideas originate on the spiritual level. The substance of that mental picture was Colonel's evidence that he would succeed. Faith is a substance. This substance is likely identical with the prima materia (first matter) of the alchemists.

I think I understand the point you're trying to make, even if I don't agree with all the details.

My thing is, that sometimes these things like prayer may "work" or appear to work, but I don't think it's for the reasons that people suspect. They'll say "god answered my prayers", but maybe it worked out because they concentrated on it and did something about it, or someone else saw/heard or became aware of their wishes/deep desires and did the job for the person who wanted it. It's not to say that god did it, or that it couldn't be done another way, but it worked out anyway. I'm not saying it's useless, but I think it's counterproductive to not get to the bottom of the reasons these things work. It would be better for humanity if we could shake off these ancient beliefs and evolve to a higher level of understanding, because what we have now is religion and belief dividing lands and people, causing wars, hatred, and intolerance. The bible and Koran even encourage their believers to not mingle with non-believers (aka 'infidels').

Sep 19, 2009, 01:22

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Labhead wrote:
What you're not getting is that the Judeo-Christian idea of faith is based on the notion of creation, and of us being co-creators with the Logos (Christ), the divine Word from which all things come. Colonel Sanders had a picture or an idea of a chain of KFC stores in his mind, and he knew what steps to take to allow this picture to manifest on the material plane. Yet, our ideas originate on the spiritual level. The substance of that mental picture was Colonel's evidence that he would succeed. Faith is a substance. This substance is likely identical with the prima materia (first matter) of the alchemists.

I think I understand the point you're trying to make, even if I don't agree with all the details.

My thing is, that sometimes these things like prayer may "work" or appear to work, but I don't think it's for the reasons that people suspect. They'll say "god answered my prayers", but maybe it worked out because they concentrated on it and did something about it, or someone else saw/heard or became aware of their wishes/deep desires and did the job for the person who wanted it. It's not to say that god did it, or that it couldn't be done another way, but it worked out anyway. I'm not saying it's useless, but I think it's counterproductive to not get to the bottom of the reasons these things work. It would be better for humanity if we could shake off these ancient beliefs and evolve to a higher level of understanding, because what we have now is religion and belief dividing lands and people, causing wars, hatred, and intolerance. The bible and Koran even encourage their believers to not mingle with non-believers (aka 'infidels').

I really don't think true Christianity or true Islam encourage people to view others as infidels. And yes, people are ignorant about the power of prayer and what prayer is. Jesus said "I and the Father are one," meaning that he was a vehicle for the power that originated the life force. When we pray, we don't pray "to" this force, it prays through us.

The true meaning of Christianity is shrouded in esoteric mysteries. I wouldn't trust a fundamentalist Christian to give me the time of day. Mainstream religion is so far from what it was intended to be that I sincerely believe most Christians worship Antichrist.

Sep 19, 2009, 03:44

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

the nature and the function of evil

I like that idea. That's what I'm experiencing, the identification of true evil and its' avoidance. How to keep evil out of your life. evil spirits. not necessarily coming to Jesus, but repentance towards evil spirits, I'm talking about a positive energy. I deal with people of differing ages and stations and I'm learning to avoid negative, taxing, draining, people and situations. This does not mean that, sometimes, I, myself, am not negative. Just I don't recognize that evil, but maybe it is. Or maybe someone was exposing me to something negative and I rebuked it. could be.

Sep 20, 2009, 03:13

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

SCIENCE!!

isn't it great? we have the technology to overcome death. Implement yourselves!

Sep 20, 2009, 03:22

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Colonel Sanders had a picture or an idea of a chain of KFC stores in his mind, and he knew what steps to take to allow this picture to manifest on the material plane. Yet, our ideas originate on the spiritual level. The substance of that mental picture was Colonel's evidence that he would succeed. Faith is a substance.

Sep 21, 2009, 15:49

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

He widowed a girl named Mary who lived foreverafter on the coast of France.

Sep 21, 2009, 20:20

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

Re: SCIENCE!!

s_lush_s wrote:

The grim reaper my little philly is an old fashion guy.

Sep 22, 2009, 23:03

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

s_lush_s wrote:

Slushy (AKA Luscious) blinded me with SCIENCE!

Sep 22, 2009, 23:09

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

hee hee
these are the days of the iron lung
strap on one and have some fun
we live in a world of artificial hearts
get one soon if you are smaRT
this is the era of titanium limbs
no arthritis then
polyresin stomachs if yours goes bad
we're growing livers they're disposable now
microchip medicine we're on the frontier
utilize this when death is near

and don't forget you could always keep a person alive with sound. there are top secret government experiments where people are kept alive by living in a sound pressurized environment for the rest of their lives. you can make alter heart rates with sound. THIS is what music is about not the SHIT you download or buy a cd of or a record of. that garbage is not for me!!! not anymore, that's not how I entertain myself anymore, I rather see music and sound utilized to extend lives and progress medicine as opposed to line the pockets of musicians. or as "artistic" expression. Medicine is an art!! I want to see people live forever.

Sep 23, 2009, 00:51

Labhead
Labhead
1868 posts

Eddie Chargeman wrote:
and don't forget you could always keep a person alive with sound. there are top secret government experiments where people are kept alive by living in a sound pressurized environment for the rest of their lives. you can make alter heart rates with sound. THIS is what music is about not the SHIT you download or buy a cd of or a record of. that garbage is not for me!!! not anymore, that's not how I entertain myself anymore, I rather see music and sound utilized to extend lives and progress medicine as opposed to line the pockets of musicians. or as "artistic" expression. Medicine is an art!! I want to see people live forever.

Jenny said when she was just five years old
There was nothin' happenin' at all
Every time she puts on a radio
There was nothin' goin' down at all,
Not at all
Then one fine mornin' she puts on a New York station
You know, she don't believe what she heard at all
She started shakin' to that fine fine music
You know HER LIFE WAS SAVED BY ROCK 'N' ROLL
Despite all the amputations you know you could just go out
And dance to the rock 'n' roll station

It was alright
It was allright
Hey baby
You know it was allright
It was allright

-Velvet Underground

Sep 23, 2009, 01:35

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index