Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Jesus
66 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Jesus

Labhead wrote:

Ah-HA! See, right here you're agreeing with something I believe in... that what we know is subject to our perceptions and "tools", such as our senses of seeing/hearing/touching/feeling, etc. Our senses can lie to us, we can't trust our senses 100%, right? Yet, you pray or whatever and "feel" god and therefore put your faith in the ideas that have no proof other than your feelings and perceptions. Who's the one that relies too much upon themselves? I don't think it's us agnostic atheists, that's for sure.

Let me tell you a little about faith and what it means. When St. Paul wrote to the Hebrews he defined faith as "the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen." He was referring to a belief of the Jewish sages that when something is created, the creation happens on different levels. They believed in four levels of creation: spiritual, creative, formative and material. Faith is knowing that something has been created even though it has not reached the material stage of creation yet.

I don't think of prayer as a means of "feeling God." I don't rely on perceptions when I am praying. I try to let the universe pray through me, so that whatever needs to happen to a person or situation can happen. I try to step out of the way entirely. Sometimes what is ultimately good for us is very painful in the here and now. And sometimes (maybe even for a lifetime) we have no perception of God at all.

Sep 18, 2009, 21:36

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: