Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Jesus
66 messages
View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Jesus

Labhead wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
What you're not getting is that the Judeo-Christian idea of faith is based on the notion of creation, and of us being co-creators with the Logos (Christ), the divine Word from which all things come. Colonel Sanders had a picture or an idea of a chain of KFC stores in his mind, and he knew what steps to take to allow this picture to manifest on the material plane. Yet, our ideas originate on the spiritual level. The substance of that mental picture was Colonel's evidence that he would succeed. Faith is a substance. This substance is likely identical with the prima materia (first matter) of the alchemists.

I think I understand the point you're trying to make, even if I don't agree with all the details.

My thing is, that sometimes these things like prayer may "work" or appear to work, but I don't think it's for the reasons that people suspect. They'll say "god answered my prayers", but maybe it worked out because they concentrated on it and did something about it, or someone else saw/heard or became aware of their wishes/deep desires and did the job for the person who wanted it. It's not to say that god did it, or that it couldn't be done another way, but it worked out anyway. I'm not saying it's useless, but I think it's counterproductive to not get to the bottom of the reasons these things work. It would be better for humanity if we could shake off these ancient beliefs and evolve to a higher level of understanding, because what we have now is religion and belief dividing lands and people, causing wars, hatred, and intolerance. The bible and Koran even encourage their believers to not mingle with non-believers (aka 'infidels').

I really don't think true Christianity or true Islam encourage people to view others as infidels. And yes, people are ignorant about the power of prayer and what prayer is. Jesus said "I and the Father are one," meaning that he was a vehicle for the power that originated the life force. When we pray, we don't pray "to" this force, it prays through us.

The true meaning of Christianity is shrouded in esoteric mysteries. I wouldn't trust a fundamentalist Christian to give me the time of day. Mainstream religion is so far from what it was intended to be that I sincerely believe most Christians worship Antichrist.

Sep 19, 2009, 03:44

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Topic Outline: