Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP
Pages: 15 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

Support a good band who doesn't make a lot of money by buying the EP if you want it.

If you're too cheap to pay for it now, then wait for the hard copy release, but don't rip off the artists who deserve your support.

Sep 24, 2009, 17:22

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

I don't believe I'm ripping them off if I actually buy the hard copy. Buying mo3's is a rip off, and I believe you're a sucker to do it. Try to resell them.

Sep 24, 2009, 17:25

Jasonspaceman
Jasonspaceman
327 posts

Buying downloads is the equivalent to buying air. There is no physical product. It doesn't make sense to 'buy' a download, and the quality of the sound, please don't get me started.

Sep 24, 2009, 17:32

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

hehe......audiofiles are such a finicky people.

Sep 24, 2009, 17:54

jauntymonty
jauntymonty
1623 posts

And then there is the most enjoyable to browse visit to the record store where you see friends and sometimes there is a band playing there as well. I tend to download single songs of interest to my mp3, but I always buy a hard copy of albums and EPs.

Sep 24, 2009, 18:15

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

I've never purchased an mp3 and don't plan on ever doing so. I lost 30,000 mp3's when my hard drive crashed last spring, and I didn't feel too bad about it. They usually cost $1 each (I think), so had I bought the mp3's I could have lost $30,000 in music. That's a bit crazy. If you buy an mp3 and you lose your hard drive, do they allow you to download again for free? I should hope so.

Sep 24, 2009, 18:18

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

You gotta back that shit up!

External hard drive, CDR, etc.

I appreciate the convenience of the MP3, but will never trust it fully.

Sep 24, 2009, 18:21

Mu Mu
Mu Mu
2778 posts

meanchico wrote:

Yea, I had sketchy backups, maybe 1/10th of the whole lot. Of course, the important stuff I owned on cd or vinyl.

Sep 24, 2009, 18:23

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
I don't believe I'm ripping them off if I actually buy the hard copy. Buying mo3's is a rip off, and I believe you're a sucker to do it. Try to resell them.

Can you resell the ringing in your ears after a Pixies Doolittle anniversary concert? Can you resell the enjoyment from a dozen jumbo blue crabs (steamed with lots of Old Bay seasoning) after you've smashed them with a wooden mallet and torn them apart like a wild racoon? Can you resell a bottle of bubbly after sipping it on your balcony with your significant other while gazing up at a star-filled sky and a full moon? Can you resell the broadband internet service time that you used to read all 1291 of Slushy's posts twice each to take in their full meaning?

Consider the $7 a tip for excellent service from Broadcast Inc.

(If you buy a digital download, I promise to improve my grammur and spellink; and proper use of punctuashun.)

PS Don't you make your living selling 0's and 1's that can't be resold?

Sep 24, 2009, 18:28

c in dc
c in dc
1032 posts

meanchico wrote:

External hard drive, CDR, etc.

I appreciate the convenience of the MP3, but will never trust it fully.

Apple's "Time Machine" backup application is amazing (and free with all Macs). It constantly runs in the background, not only backing up everything that you do, but giving you the ability to go back and retrieve a document or file in the exact state that it was in at a specific moment of time in the past. You set it once and forget it.

Sep 24, 2009, 18:35

Pages: 15 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index