Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 110 11 12 13 14 15 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Gedge

Ah, brilliant!

Just found this - I WAS AT THIS FREAKING GIG. Classic Cinerama tunage....

Sep 26, 2009, 00:05

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Well done C!

I love Leave the Capitol. It's my favorite Fall song.

Sep 26, 2009, 00:59

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:
Cheeso wrote:

The mp3 release is an official release, if you've obtained it without paying for it, that is theft, stealing, ripping off Martin and Broadcast.

You're being a hypocrite, you have traded before, I'm quite sure.

I have no problem admitting it, either. Unlike other people here. And I've never ripped off Martin, Stereolab, or Broadcast. People who I've met and respect and admire.

So it's okay to "rip off" people you don't know personally. You sound like the Republican party.

I guess no one here has ever recorded a record on a cassette tape, or made a CD-R of a CD, and then given it to someone.

Theft is theft. Accept this and move on.

Okay, thief.

What would Jesus do, would he steal, too?

No, no he wouldn't.

Oh, and he would look at you and say "Let him who has never downloaded from the Internet without paying cast the first stone."

Sep 26, 2009, 02:34

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

"let he who has never downloaded from the internet without paying cast the first stone."

classic. I'm glad we talk about Jesus here at the stereolab forum. It adds a really lively dimension to the place.

That is a very funny comeback, LBO. and so true.

here's mine:
Don't bother with the mote in your brothers eye, remove the beam from your own eye.

the laser beam from your cd player eye.

Sep 26, 2009, 02:39

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

What is a MP3?

I'll tell you. It's the stinking music industry trying to rake in lucrative telecommunication airwaves. An industry they have no business meddling in. The music industry is not broke and if they are they did it to themselves.

Sep 26, 2009, 02:45

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: What is a MP3?

s_lush_s wrote:
I'll tell you. It's the stinking music industry trying to rake in lucrative telecommunication airwaves. An industry they have no business meddling in. The music industry is not broke and if they are they did it to themselves.

They need a bailout.

Sep 26, 2009, 03:10

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DOES JESUS LISTEN TO??

I don't think he listens to indie rock. In fact I know he wouldn't. he would listen to music that takes talent like perhaps classical music.
Indie rock sounds like a toilet being flushed. It sounds like a 450 lb truck driver farting and belching wet ones out his orifices. it sounds like dogs eating garbage and cats choking on grassfilled hairballs. It sounds like gerbils being inserted into the anal cavity.

It must go. It's days are numbered. It will go the way of grunge.
grow up. it's over

Sep 26, 2009, 19:46

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

Re: WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DOES JESUS LISTEN TO??

I got my broadcast lp in the mail today. It's really weird and wonderful. 11.49 - canna beat it!

Oct 28, 2009, 21:28

Eddie Chargeman
Eddie Chargeman
1576 posts

so are you claiming to be Jesus?

I heard the preview on the itunes thingie and that was enough for me. sounded like a bunch of pseudo-satanic cacophony to me combined with childish overly mellified melodies. a real disappointment. I think tender buttons is their best release to date, the most mature.

Oct 28, 2009, 23:37

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

What an epic thread

Oct 28, 2009, 23:37

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 110 11 12 13 14 15 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index