Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

meanchico
meanchico
2696 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

I love my local overpriced indie record store too. I go every payday!

Sep 24, 2009, 22:24

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

k. wrote:
And dude, I totally respect that line of thinking, in investing in what you like. I operate under a convoluted jack-assed system of supporting my local indie record stores for the same reason, even when it's more work and more money for me to do so than it would be to just download or order over the net.

Yeah, I do the same with Good Records. It ends up being a couple of dollars more to buy the vinyl at the store.

Sep 24, 2009, 22:25

k.
k.
407 posts

I still hit 4 different stores every week. Pickings are a bit slimmer than in the past, in terms of new releases, but the used items have made up for it.

Sep 24, 2009, 22:30

k.
k.
407 posts

Good Records was a damn good store. What did I spend that one time, like $95 or so? Are they still stocking as much (and the kind of indie labels) as they did 4 years ago?

Sep 24, 2009, 22:31

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

k. wrote:
Good Records was a damn good store. What did I spend that one time, like $95 or so? Are they still stocking as much (and the kind of indie labels) as they did 4 years ago?

In spite of the recession, Good Records had their best year of sales so far in 2008. They've moved to a new location and added a vinyl section upstairs. They always have pretty much whatever I want that just came out, and if not they can get it in a week. Not to mention free in-stores with free beer and food. They're selling books, magazines, dvd's, other collectible items. My wife and I got Matador record/laptop bags there not too long ago.

Sep 24, 2009, 22:40

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
k. wrote:

In spite of the recession, Good Records had their best year of sales so far in 2008. They've moved to a new location and added a vinyl section upstairs. They always have pretty much whatever I want that just came out, and if not they can get it in a week. Not to mention free in-stores with free beer and food. They're selling books, magazines, dvd's, other collectible items. My wife and I got Matador record/laptop bags there not too long ago.

Oh, and I love how they always sell new stuff the week before actual release date if it comes in early.

Sep 24, 2009, 22:42

GaryB
GaryB
1554 posts

k. wrote:
As I said before, if they really wanted to do something nice for us, they could have provided a free download for those who preorder.

This.

Matador - "Buy Early Get Now" is this exact concept. If you preorder an LP you get a free 'stream' of the record about 1 month before it's out.

Bizarrely, it must only be about 25% of new records that have mp3 coupons on them for a free DL. Maybe the record companies know that the stuff is out there and free for people anyway, and setting up a DL service is just cost they don't need.

Sep 24, 2009, 23:06

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

k. wrote:

Paying twice for the same thing is bullshit

No one is forcing you to pay twice, though.

Sep 24, 2009, 23:21

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Mu Mu wrote:
Buying mo3's is a rip off, and I believe you're a sucker to do it. Try to resell them.

Do you pay for health insurance, home insurance, car insurance, life insurance, satellite/cable tv, internet service, a financial advisor?

Sep 24, 2009, 23:22

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

There is no such thing as a "Used Broadcast Concert" store, so your analogy is fake.

There is no such thing as a "Used MP3 store" so the analogy is apt, and not fake.

Sep 24, 2009, 23:23

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index