Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Register
Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

s_lush_s
s_lush_s
7383 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

hey, as W.C. Fields said, "There's no bad publicity; unless they spell your name wrong."

Sep 25, 2009, 04:09

________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Cheeso
Cheeso
642 posts

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:
Cheeso wrote:

The mp3 release is an official release, if you've obtained it without paying for it, that is theft, stealing, ripping off Martin and Broadcast.

You're being a hypocrite, you have traded before, I'm quite sure.

I have no problem admitting it, either. Unlike other people here. And I've never ripped off Martin, Stereolab, or Broadcast. People who I've met and respect and admire.

So it's okay to "rip off" people you don't know personally. You sound like the Republican party.

I guess no one here has ever recorded a record on a cassette tape, or made a CD-R of a CD, and then given it to someone.

Theft is theft. Accept this and move on.

Sep 25, 2009, 04:29

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Cheeso wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:
Cheeso wrote:

The mp3 release is an official release, if you've obtained it without paying for it, that is theft, stealing, ripping off Martin and Broadcast.

You're being a hypocrite, you have traded before, I'm quite sure.

I have no problem admitting it, either. Unlike other people here. And I've never ripped off Martin, Stereolab, or Broadcast. People who I've met and respect and admire.

So it's okay to "rip off" people you don't know personally. You sound like the Republican party.

I guess no one here has ever recorded a record on a cassette tape, or made a CD-R of a CD, and then given it to someone.

Theft is theft. Accept this and move on.

Okay, thief.

Sep 25, 2009, 04:59

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Cyberpainter to Cheeso

Cheeso wrote:
"Thou shalt not steal" ya cocksucker! Buy it yourself!

--

Hold it, you don't every download from blogs, or um from other people when they have a link?

Yes, yes you do.

Sep 25, 2009, 05:01

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Cyberpainter to Cheeso

Cheeso wrote:

--

Hold it, you don't every download from blogs, or um from other people when they have a link?

Yes, yes you do.

You skipped the last part: "However I understand your point about bands we love and want to support."

Ok I've read this whole thread and my opinion is this. I think people are starting to feel it's business as usual to download leaks before release dates. I admit to doing it myself. I'm not going to get pissed if I get beat to the punch by a band (Martin and co.) who have figured out they can get it out there for sale before it's leaked. I think power to him!! If people want to pout about that, wait a few days and I'm sure it'll be available on your peer to peer. Duh. The thing will eventually be available in many formats, vinyl, cd, and mp3. It's your choice. If anyone's saying a band should not make their work available on itunes and bleep.com, etc, it's absurd. It's another format to choose. So fucking what if it's available as mp3 first before the other formats which go through the more traditional channels of distribution.

Sep 25, 2009, 05:38

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

And by the way, it's already available in the blogs. Gee, that was like maybe a 24 hour wait.

Sep 25, 2009, 05:44

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5926 posts

Oh and by the way, I bought the higher quality bleep mp3. And I probably won't be buying the album, since I really only mightily dig a few songs, the rest I won't listen to as much. The collage Focus Groupy stuff may grow on me though.

Sep 25, 2009, 05:48

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

cyberpainter wrote:
Cyberpainter to Cheeso

Cheeso wrote:

--

Yes, yes you do.

You skipped the last part: "However I understand your point about bands we love and want to support."

Ok I've read this whole thread and my opinion is this. I think people are starting to feel it's business as usual to download leaks before release dates. I admit to doing it myself. I'm not going to get pissed if I get beat to the punch by a band (Martin and co.) who have figured out they can get it out there for sale before it's leaked. I think power to him!! If people want to pout about that, wait a few days and I'm sure it'll be available on your peer to peer. Duh. The thing will eventually be available in many formats, vinyl, cd, and mp3. It's your choice. If anyone's saying a band should not make their work available on itunes and bleep.com, etc, it's absurd. It's another format to choose. So fucking what if it's available as mp3 first before the other formats which go through the more traditional channels of distribution.

Actually, it's not a matter of being angry because of being "beat to the punch." I don't think albums should be leaked at all. This should have been provided as a free download to those who preorder the actual CD or vinyl. It is unfair to those who are unwilling to accept mp3 as the main format.

Sep 25, 2009, 15:29

k.
k.
407 posts

Cheeso wrote:
k. wrote:
I'm not ripping anybody off. I am purchasing a hard-copy when it's released. Until then I'll sample it. Are you dense or something?

Calling me names won't justify your theft, either, but if it makes you fell better, go ahead.

All the name-calling in the world won't change that.

Haha, "name-calling"?

The mp3 release is not an official release. It is a pale replication of the thing for which we will pay full price later on. If anything, we are being ripped off if we pay for this unlimited-issue (supply and demand, hello?), intangible and poor quality substitute which is priced way higher than it should be. It's a scam. Do you pay for air?

Sep 25, 2009, 15:37

k.
k.
407 posts

And further, making baseless accusations is akin to slander. I expect an apology.

Sep 25, 2009, 15:40

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index