Forum
#Topics
+Start a topic
?Search __________________________________

-Log In
-Register
Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP
Log In to post a reply
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]

View: flat \ threaded
________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
This should have been provided as a free download to those who preorder the actual CD or vinyl. It is unfair to those who are unwilling to accept mp3 as the main format.


Since when is that a condition or a requirement of purchasing an album? If you don't like mp3, then just wait for the hard copy and quit your bitching.


I'm not bitching. You are. You probably unconsciously resent that you shelled out for a lousy quality mp3. You're so weak willed, aren't you? You love paying twice for the same thing.

Oh yeah, you're begging for something illegal...very becoming for a man of the cloth.

And I am actually very happy that I paid for the MP3s, I've been listening to it nonstop. I will be very happy to pay for the hard copy when it comes out. I will probably buy on vinyl and CD.


I made one post on this forum asking for the mp3. I wouldn't exactly call that begging. You are a despicable perrson. You've stooped to attacking my character and my faith, which you have done before. You are lame loser.

Sep 25, 2009, 18:08


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
k. wrote:
Well, Cheese, I am very serious about this. I spend thousands of dollars a year on music and do not intend to deprive Broadcast or Stereolab of the money that they deserve for their product. Your argument that I am "stealing" is about as binary as it gets, and completely absurd. I take it that you are a strict believer in digital rights who pays for every single download he does. You are trying to reduce this situation to black and white, when you know and likely practice the grey areas of this debate.

No, I've already admitted I operate in the grey area myself. However, how I operate is beside the point.

I'm not the one trying to make the argument that the MP3s are not officially released or comparing the purchase of this release to the purchase of air.

I am merely stating facts: the band and the label have officially released this download. If you want it, you must pay for it. If you obtain it otherwise, it is theft.

End of story.


You're just being hypocritical and inflammatory for no reason. Your argument is "it's okay to rip people off if you don't know them." Steal an Aerosmith mp3 = ok. Steal a Broadcast mp3 = not okay.

Your argument is total bullshit.

I never said it was ok to steal an Aerosmith mp3. Its theft, either way. Why are you unable to admit that?

Sep 25, 2009, 18:08


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Cheeso wrote:
Mu Mu wrote:
Cheeso wrote:

The mp3 release is an official release, if you've obtained it without paying for it, that is theft, stealing, ripping off Martin and Broadcast.


You're being a hypocrite, you have traded before, I'm quite sure.



I have no problem admitting it, either. Unlike other people here. And I've never ripped off Martin, Stereolab, or Broadcast. People who I've met and respect and admire.


So it's okay to "rip off" people you don't know personally. You sound like the Republican party.

I guess no one here has ever recorded a record on a cassette tape, or made a CD-R of a CD, and then given it to someone.


Theft is theft. Accept this and move on.


Okay, thief.


What would Jesus do, would he steal, too?

No, no he wouldn't.


Oh, and he would look at you and say "Let him who has never downloaded from the Internet without paying cast the first stone."


All you need to say is, "Jesus wouldn't steal."


Jesus defended David for stealing bread from the temple. Jesus picked wheat on the Sabbath, which was against the law. Jesus forgave sins when the church considered it blasphemy. Again, your argument is lame.


You're comparing your theft of mp3s to David stealing bread from the temple?

hahahahaha

Sep 25, 2009, 18:10


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
This should have been provided as a free download to those who preorder the actual CD or vinyl. It is unfair to those who are unwilling to accept mp3 as the main format.


Since when is that a condition or a requirement of purchasing an album? If you don't like mp3, then just wait for the hard copy and quit your bitching.


I'm not bitching. You are. You probably unconsciously resent that you shelled out for a lousy quality mp3. You're so weak willed, aren't you? You love paying twice for the same thing.

Oh yeah, you're begging for something illegal...very becoming for a man of the cloth.

And I am actually very happy that I paid for the MP3s, I've been listening to it nonstop. I will be very happy to pay for the hard copy when it comes out. I will probably buy on vinyl and CD.


I made one post on this forum asking for the mp3. I wouldn't exactly call that begging. You are a despicable perrson. You've stooped to attacking my character and my faith, which you have done before. You are lame loser.

Its ok, Jesus will forgive me for blaspheming you.

Sep 25, 2009, 18:10


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

cyberpainter
cyberpainter
5929 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

k. wrote:

The mp3 release is not an official release. It is a pale replication of the thing for which we will pay full price later on. If anything, we are being ripped off if we pay for this unlimited-issue (supply and demand, hello?), intangible and poor quality substitute which is priced way higher than it should be. It's a scam. Do you pay for air?

Intangible? Geesh. If you get it from bleep.com (as I've already mentioned in another thread) you can get a very high quality copy. Or wav file, which is probably cd quality. I got the 320 mp3, or whatever that highest bitrate is. So complaining about quality is a bit inaccurate, and calling it a scam is absurd. Complaining that one version is available before another? Just download it from the blogs, enjoy it, and then buy the album at the show or when it's available.

As to cheeso's inflammatory statements which are old and tired, I am not on anybody's "side" by the way, just stating my own opinion.

Sep 25, 2009, 18:10


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

cyberpainter wrote:
k. wrote:

The mp3 release is not an official release. It is a pale replication of the thing for which we will pay full price later on. If anything, we are being ripped off if we pay for this unlimited-issue (supply and demand, hello?), intangible and poor quality substitute which is priced way higher than it should be. It's a scam. Do you pay for air?

Intangible? Geesh. If you get it from bleep.com (as I've already mentioned in another thread) you can get a very high quality copy. Or wav file, which is probably cd quality. I got the 320 mp3, or whatever that highest bitrate is. So complaining about quality is a bit inaccurate, and calling it a scam is absurd. Complaining that one version is available before another? Just download it from the blogs, enjoy it, and then buy the album at the show or when it's available.

As to cheeso's inflammatory statements which are old and tired, I am not on anybody's "side" by the way, just stating my own opinion.

The intangible statement is also ridiculous. Do these people also sneak into movies? Do they hijack someone else's sattelite TV signal, or their internet service? Do they sneak into gigs?

Sep 25, 2009, 18:16


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

k.
k.
407 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

cyberpainter wrote:
Just download it from the blogs, enjoy it, and then buy the album at the show or when it's available.

That's what I fully intend to do. In Cheeso's world, that's theft.

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
The intangible statement is also ridiculous. Do these people also sneak into movies? Do they hijack someone else's sattelite TV signal, or their internet service? Do they sneak into gigs?

And all that is a ridiculous conclusion to make. You've spent this whole thread chastising individuals for their perception and actions on a matter which is predominantly grey, but you have spent no time addressing the guilt of Broadcast and the rest of artists who are engaging in this pre-release practice. You do know that all this is is an attempt to cash in with an inferior product (yes, it is air without the balloon) while preserving the promo system, except that the promo system was not broken, and the music world failed to recognize these leaks as promotional tools: they wanted in. So they're selling an inferior product in advance of the main release. Perhaps you're just trying to justify to yourself why you needed to pay more?

Sep 25, 2009, 18:33


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Squirrel M. Nutter
890 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

k. wrote:

And all that is a ridiculous conclusion to make. You've spent this whole thread chastising individuals for their perception and actions on a matter which is predominantly grey, but you have spent no time addressing the guilt of Broadcast and the rest of artists who are engaging in this pre-release practice. You do know that all this is is an attempt to cash in with an inferior product (yes, it is air without the balloon) while preserving the promo system, except that the promo system was not broken, and the music world failed to recognize these leaks as promotional tools: they wanted in. So they're selling an inferior product in advance of the main release. Perhaps you're just trying to justify to yourself why you needed to pay more?

Its a ridiculous conclusion to a ridiculous premise.

And I freely choose to pay more, I need no justification.

Broadcast isnít ripping anybody off. They are not forcing anyone to buy the mp3 download. You can choose to wait for the hard copy release. Broadcast is guilty of absolutely nothing.

Sep 25, 2009, 18:41


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
cyberpainter wrote:
k. wrote:

The mp3 release is not an official release. It is a pale replication of the thing for which we will pay full price later on. If anything, we are being ripped off if we pay for this unlimited-issue (supply and demand, hello?), intangible and poor quality substitute which is priced way higher than it should be. It's a scam. Do you pay for air?

Intangible? Geesh. If you get it from bleep.com (as I've already mentioned in another thread) you can get a very high quality copy. Or wav file, which is probably cd quality. I got the 320 mp3, or whatever that highest bitrate is. So complaining about quality is a bit inaccurate, and calling it a scam is absurd. Complaining that one version is available before another? Just download it from the blogs, enjoy it, and then buy the album at the show or when it's available.

As to cheeso's inflammatory statements which are old and tired, I am not on anybody's "side" by the way, just stating my own opinion.

The intangible statement is also ridiculous. Do these people also sneak into movies? Do they hijack someone else's sattelite TV signal, or their internet service? Do they sneak into gigs?


There is a section on the Green Screen called The Black Market, where people download copyrighted material ALL the time, such as for example, McCarthy--Tim Gane's band, no less. I don't see you all up in arms about that. You know why? You are a hypocrite.

Sep 25, 2009, 19:05


________________\________________________________________________\______________________________________

Left Boob Oscillator
Left Boob Oscillator
1371 posts

Re: Stop begging for copies of the Broadcast EP

Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
Left Boob Oscillator wrote:
Squirrel M. Nutter wrote:
k. wrote:
Well, Cheese, I am very serious about this. I spend thousands of dollars a year on music and do not intend to deprive Broadcast or Stereolab of the money that they deserve for their product. Your argument that I am "stealing" is about as binary as it gets, and completely absurd. I take it that you are a strict believer in digital rights who pays for every single download he does. You are trying to reduce this situation to black and white, when you know and likely practice the grey areas of this debate.

No, I've already admitted I operate in the grey area myself. However, how I operate is beside the point.

I'm not the one trying to make the argument that the MP3s are not officially released or comparing the purchase of this release to the purchase of air.

I am merely stating facts: the band and the label have officially released this download. If you want it, you must pay for it. If you obtain it otherwise, it is theft.

End of story.


You're just being hypocritical and inflammatory for no reason. Your argument is "it's okay to rip people off if you don't know them." Steal an Aerosmith mp3 = ok. Steal a Broadcast mp3 = not okay.

Your argument is total bullshit.

I never said it was ok to steal an Aerosmith mp3. Its theft, either way. Why are you unable to admit that?


You said that you "operate in the grey area," i.e. steal mp3's, but that we should buy mp3's to support the bands we know and love. That's fallacious reasoning. You are defending the theft of mp3s of bands that you don't "know and love." I never said that you cited Aerosmith in particular, but they would fall in that category.

Sep 25, 2009, 19:08

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 | Next ]

add a reply to this topic
________________________________________________________________\______________________________________
stereolab table Index